Nate Berkus on Oprah | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Nate Berkus on Oprah

Last post May 26, 2010 12:30 PM by zakons . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Nate Berkus on Oprah
    I wasn't able to see it, but I heard it was a farewell?? Where is he going?
    False
  • Re: Nate Berkus on Oprah

He is getting his own tv show on Oprah's new cable TV station., when she starts it next year.

Will miss him on her show now...

False

Lots of TV changes with people getting their own shows...Simon Cowell from Idol,  Jillian Michaels from Biggest Loser,  Nate from Oprah. 

Any more?

False
    thank you..:) for filling me in, I was just curious.........
    False

I saw a smidge of the show yesterday and how wonderful he is getting his own show. What a sweet, talented guy.

False

I am wondering why so many good-bye's lately when she still officially has her last season that begins this fall in September. Right?

False

Rebecca

Rebecca...I imagine it's because it takes time to launch Nate's new show,  and he's going on to Oprah's own network,  which is just being started.  So she's probably hand-picking more than one new program for her own network.  It'll be interesting to see what else it will offer.   JMO

False

just found this

Oprah's Berkus show acquired by WMAQ-Ch. 5, NBC-owned stations

Oprah Winfrey protege Nate Berkus' coming syndicated series is getting a major boost with Chicago's WMAQ-Ch. 5 and nine other NBC owned-and-operated stations agreeing to pick the show up this fall, it was announced this morning.

That new series, tentatively called "The Nate Berkus Show," will feature a variety of subjects and guests, focusing on lifestyle, entertainment and personal growth.

Because he is a Chicago designer, there has been speculation that Berkus' show might be produced locally at Winfrey's Harpo Studios, where her syndicated daytime program set to leave the air in September 2011 is produced, but there is nothing to indicate a decision has been made on that front.

The pick-up by NBC's owned-and-operated stations, which NBC Local Media announced jointly with Winfrey's Harpo Productions and Sony Pictures Television, gives Berkus' show clearance in more than a quarter of the nation's households, including each of the  six largest markets. That's critical in making the start-up viable.

There had been talk the program might be delayed a year to coincide with Winfrey's exit, but now it seems definitely on track for a fall launch.

"This will be the last show Oprah will launch on her broadcast program," said Larry Wert, who as president of Central and Western region for NBC Local oversees WMAQ in Chicago, as well as the NBC-owned stations in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego and Dallas. "We are excited to work with Harpo, Sony and  Nate, who we believe is a compelling talent who is growing in popularity."

NBC's own syndication wing last month learned that Martha Stewart will be taking her syndicate daytime program, which it had been distributing, off broadcast television in favor of cable's Hallmark Channel after this season. It's likely talks about picking up Berkus' show for the NBC stations predated that news.

WMAQ this fall also will be without "The Bonnie Hunt Show," which in December informed its staff it will be leaving the air after this season,  enabling Berkus to move into the 2 p.m. slot as the lead-in to Ellen Degeneres' popular talk show.

“We believe the show, with its broad appeal and themes of lifestyle and inspiration, will be a strong fit for the NBC Local brand and resonate with our audience," John Wallace, president of NBC Local Media, said in a statement.

Berkus has been a contributor to "The Oprah Winfrey Show" since 2002, becoming something of a regular in more recent years. He also hosts program from Chicago on Winfrey's Sirius XM satellite radio channel and was host of 2008's ABC reality show, "Oprah’s Big Give," for Harpo.

Winfrey's Chicago-based Harpo Productions will co-produce Berkus' program with Sony Pictures Television, which in the United States and Canada will distribute and market the show, as well as sell national advertising. It's their second partnership. The first was "The Dr. Oz Show," which made its debut this season to the highest ratings of any rookie first-run syndicated series in seven years.

In addition to his media work with Winfrey, Berkus has blogged for the Web site of Home Shopping Network, which peddles his signature line of home merchandise, and is author of the best-selling “Home Rules: Transform the Place You Live into a Place You’ll Love” for Hyperion.

Berkus launched his own company at age 24. Nate Berkus Associates has taken on projects in private homes as well as for commercial clients such as Wolfgang Puck’s Spago, Barney’s New York and W hotels.
    False