An easy way to get rid of GNATS. (It really works!) | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

An easy way to get rid of GNATS. (It really works!)

Last post Jul 08, 2010 6:08 AM by "Baker" . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • An easy way to get rid of GNATS. (It really works!)

This worked for me!!! 

Take a little bowl. Add about

1/2 Cup of any kind of Fruit Juice.

then add a Few Drops of Liquid Dish Soap.

Set the bowl on your counter.

Soon you will see the little bugs gather

at the bowl. Be patient. Soon they will

take their last swim. (If the juice is a dark color,

you may need to hold up the dish to see all of them

sunk to the bottom.)

In a short time I had 2 dozen.

Keep the dish set up for a few days, in case

any have laid eggs.

False
    IN GOD WE TRUST!
  • Re: An easy way to get rid of GNATS. (It really works!)

You  must ve talking about Fruit Flies.  The Gnats (No-see-ums) I have encountered in the great outdoors and a few inside inside want your BLOOD

False

i accidentally brought some in with a houseplant and i use apple cider vinegar and some dish soap,. they like that also.

False
    Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you. Click for Ankeny, Iowa Forecast[IMG] Photobucket
    Christian Glitter by www.christianglitter.com

gr_elo

You  must ve talking about Fruit Flies.  The Gnats (No-see-ums) I have encountered in the great outdoors and a few inside inside want your BLOOD

Gretel I think we met the same ones!!!!  nasty little creatures!!!I have scars from no see um bites!

False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-

Thanks for the helpful hint!

False

I'm not psycho.....I just like psychotic things.

Adria's World

akfishergirl
    Gretel I think we met the same ones!!!!  nasty little creatures!!!I have scars from no see um bites!

No doubt about it, one got me on the cheek (face) and  for 4 days looked like a chipmunk with one cheek full of seeds . And it hurts  when they bite and hurts and itches like the devil afterwards.

`I'll take harmless little fruit flies over Gnats any old time because fruit flies don't want you, just yourbananas, peaches or whatever.

Has your ice box finally warmed up?

A weekago we sweltered  with temps in the 90s and then it turned very cool, only low 70s and hard to believe, today in the high 60s, but beautiful sunshine and a breeze.

I don't see any apples on my tree yet and am afraid there will not be any harvest. The blossoms were out and it turned very cool and rainy and the bees stayed home. Then after 3 days of that we had cold rain and winds up to 60 mph and all the blossoms were gone before it warmed up a bit. Good thing I had plenty last year for lots of apple sauce.

False

Gretel I see you are getting some of the cool weather we had... 4pm and 96 degrees today hotter tomorrow....was 50 on the 4th....I think the ice box has warmed up!!!

False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-

I wonder what God thinks about you killing his creation?

I'm just askinStick out tongue

Drosophila melanogaster

Drosophila melanogaster (Greek for dark-bellied dew lover : δρόσος = dew, φίλος = intimate friend, lover, μέλας = dark-coloured, γαστήρ = belly [2]) is a species of Diptera, or the order of flies, in the family Drosophilidae. The species is commonly known as the common fruit fly or vinegar fly. Starting from Charles W. Woodworth, this species is one of the most commonly used model organisms in biology, including studies in genetics, physiology, microbial pathogenesis and life history evolution because they are easy to take care of, breed quickly, and lay many eggs.[3]

Flies belonging to the family Tephritidae are also called fruit flies, which can lead to confusion, especially in Australia where the term fruit fly refers to the Tephritidae, economic pests in fruit production.

False

Thanks for the tip Cookjoy! I'm going to try it in the morning after I find some fruit juice,lol!

I hope it works, those things are annoying!

False

Did you put saran wrap with holes punched in it over the container?

False

catmint

Catmint, no, I just left the bowl uncovered and it worked fine!

False
    IN GOD WE TRUST!

I put some apple cider vinegar in a glass and sit a small funnel on top of the glass.   They go down the funnel, but are unable to fly back out.  This works for me.

False