What does it mean when someone says "PM" me? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What does it mean when someone says "PM" me?

Last post Aug 25, 2010 7:19 PM by red_savage1 . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • What does it mean when someone says "PM" me?

I know it does not mean nightime, or post mortem.  I know it has to do with contacting someone on the computer.  Do you need a special program to do this?

Also, what does it mean when someone wants to talk with MSN.  I don't understand that either.

False

Everything is okay in the end, if it's not okay, then it's not the end.

• Re: What does it mean when someone says "PM" me?

PM means "Private message"

talking on MSN is an instant message program.

False

PM means private message.  If it's here at KC, click on the person and go to their profile page, adn then click send private message.  When they reply, a 1 will show up next to the envelope  at the top of the page where it says Welcome Back NY_Scooter

The MSN thing, you got me there.  Unless they mean send them an email at MSN or are they talking about MSN Instant Messaging?

Good luck w/ your messages

False

Someone on here wants to send you a Private Message.  All you have to do is click on that little envelope that's up there in the right hand corner under Welcome Back, NY_Scooter.  If someone told you they sent you a PM just click on that envelope and it will take you to your Profile and you can read the PM.  Just click on it like you do on here. 

False

Nature is the 'Great Mysterious' ... the religion before religions. Peter Matthiessen, Indian Country

NY_Scooter
    I know it has to do with contacting someone on the computer.

Lol. Your right, though I do like your thought of post mortem. (giggle) PM means private message. You can click on a persons screen name or even your own for practice and you will see a place to send, whomever, a message. Look up to the top right of this screen where it says Welcome back, NY_Scooter.  Beneath that you will see a tiny picture of an envelope. That is where you will get your PM's and can view the ones you have sent. They are for having conversations with folks on any subject that you do not wish to share with the general public. The PM's cannot be viewed by the rest of the board.

As for MSN, I do not know what that is.

False