I want to duplicate the Birdseye Garlic Chicken Dinner........ | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

I want to duplicate the Birdseye Garlic Chicken Dinner........

Last post Jul 04, 2011 2:04 AM by DAR lady . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • I want to duplicate the Birdseye Garlic Chicken Dinner........

Has anyone tried the savory garlic Cream Sauce? and has anyone tired th Garlic Chicken meal by Birdseye? I want to try to reproduce the Birdseye Garlic Chicken and was  going to try  the garlic sauce on the Heirloom recipe thread, but wondered if the cream cheese cream might be better. Any ideas from anyone will be greatly appreciated.Big Smile The Garlic Chicken dinner is a 10 minute frozen dinner. It has pieces of chicken, corn, broccoli, and pasta in a garlic  sauce. Any suggestions?

False

THE AMERICAN'S CREED I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people, whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a Republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect Union one and inseparable, established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots scrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to suport its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect it's flag, and to defend it against all enemies. Proud member of The Daughters of The American Revolution

• Re: I want to duplicate the Birdseye Garlic Chicken Dinner........

I did a google search for your recipe. For I was curious if it could be close to a alfredo sauce with extra garlic.

Here is a couple things I found with typing in Garlic Chicken Dinner

http://caloriecount.about.com/garlic-chicken-recipe-r80687

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/skillet-garlic-chicken-dinner/detail.aspx

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/cat/570/

False

I have a really good and easy alfredo sauce recipe!!  Let me know if you want me to post it for you!!  I should be on the puter for a while... and off and on during the rest of the day!!

~TSZ

False

Enjoynature, I think you have solved my search!! The first recipe you have here seems to be right on according to the ingredients list on Birdseye's pkg of Garlic chicken. Thank you soooo much. You may have made my week. I'm going to try it within the next few weks and I'll let ya know how close it is. And Sitty, thanks for your help also. I so appreciate both of you taking the time and making the effort to help me duplicate this delicious dish. Big Smile

Right now i'm up to my chin in peaches, figs and strawberries so no time to play. I just grab whatever is handy from the fridge and keep canning  Stick out tongue

Again, thanks ladies for your wonderful help! you're the greatest!!!!

False

THE AMERICAN'S CREED I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people, whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a Republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect Union one and inseparable, established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots scrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to suport its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect it's flag, and to defend it against all enemies. Proud member of The Daughters of The American Revolution

I would suggest the Philladelphia pourable cream cheese things they just came out with, they have a garlic. Any chicken you add would be better than what they add, add your veggies and you are there!

False

Rebecca

DAR lady

And Sitty, thanks for your help also. I so appreciate both of you taking the time and making the effort to help me duplicate this delicious dish. Big Smile

you're welcome!!  Let us know how it turns out when you do make it - sounds like it just might be purty good!!!  and I'll gladly take some of them thar peaches and strawberries when you are done doing whatever it is you are doing w/them!!!  Wink I am thinking a peach cobler or a strawberry cheese cake sound pretty good - but I am not sure if I want to turn my oven on for that long.....

False

I haven't seen those,  Rebecca. That isn't the ones in the little tub? You can pour it? Interesting. We tried the ones in the tub.

False

catmint

Rebecca, I had thought t try the cream cheese garlic thing, but the Birdseye dinner pasta is barely covered with anything. Catmint, did you like them? and Sitty, I'm making raspberry fig jam, frozen strawberry jam using the instant clear-jel I got from Gr-elo and Peach puree for my cheesecakes using the clear-jel also. I've also just gotten a new flavor extract called Fiore de Sicilia that is supposed to give the flavor of "Creamsicle". I'm anxious to make a cheesecake with that flavor. Going tomorrow morning to get more figs so I can make enough to send to my cousin. They really like it. Will let you know about the garlic chicken as soon as i can get time to make it.

False