Our Walmart wouldn't match the .25 each Honey Crisp Apples. :( | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Our Walmart wouldn't match the .25 each Honey Crisp Apples. :(

Last post Nov 06, 2011 11:10 AM by CardinalPuff . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Our Walmart wouldn't match the .25 each Honey Crisp Apples. :(

I picked out 8.  Got to the cashier to price match. She said, couldn't do it. They were told they sell the apples per lb.  So they can't sell them .25 each.   HUMPH!! lol  I didn't  make a scene.

False

catmint

• Re: Our Walmart wouldn't match the .25 each Honey Crisp Apples. :(

I was told a few yrs. ago that price matching policy was set by the store manager when a request was refused.  Fine.  I choose to shop elsewhere.  Our area has other stores.

False

No wonder, Honey Crisp apples are $ 2.29 lbs here.

False

I don't shop walmart but I can understand. If they sell by the pound rather than the apple there is no way to match the price. If the other store was selling by the pound they walmart would match it.

I would guess it has to be the same thing to price match & selling individual apples is not the same as per pound.

Even though that sounds cheap, depending on the size, it can take many to make a pound. I found I really don't like them. Give me a good crisp winesap

False

I like them.  I like Winesap too, but, you hardly find them here in the stores. I made a HUGE mistake a few years back. I could have gotten a small Winesap for 4.00 at a Walmart. I have no idea why I didn't .  I am still kicking myself. My neighbor has a winesap, and it was loaded down one year. I asked her if there are any little ones ever pop up, but, she didn't know.

Honey C, are 2.57 a lb. here. At another Walmart, I got 4, and it totaled to 5.??, and I got them for $1.00. They let me have them.  I guess I can understand it. I didn't give them a problem. If that is their policy, fine by me.

False

catmint

I went to a Wal Mart for the first time just recently and I couldn't find one thing I wanted to buy. Not one. They didn't even have a decent selection of vacuum cleaner bags. Dh was thrilled. He didn't want me to buy anything from them anyway.

False

May you never forget to remember what is worth remembering, nor ever remember what is best forgotten.                                                                                         

Wow, who had them advertised at .25 each?  That's a good deal, even if they are small, although seems all the honeycrisps we find around here are huge apples. 

False

Jasper, it was Aldi. Sale is probably over now, though. :(

False

catmint

seems to me that would NOT have been a price match...if one store is selling them PER apple and Walmart PER pound...NOW if the ad said so much off PER pound...then yes price match would take effect...

I also so not purchase produce at Walmart....to pricy and not good looking...plus I am spoiled by my Sprout's produce market...

False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

I get mine for 'free'!! I just ask the produce manager to save the 'throw aways' that they collect each day that they think aren't fit to sell...99% are perfect apples., some may have a small bruise, but have never gotten any 'rotten' ones... It's great!!!!

False