ISO baked potato "sleeve" for microwave | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO baked potato "sleeve" for microwave

Last post Dec 30, 2011 11:09 PM by dreyfuss . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • ISO baked potato "sleeve" for microwave

Years ago on this site someone posted instructions for making a "baked potato sleeve" to bake potatoes in the microwave.  Does this ring a bell with anyone?  I've done a search but to no avail.....couldn't find the post.  Any ideas????????????

False
  • Re: ISO baked potato "sleeve" for microwave

The 1 I made was a flannel lined cotton bag.  I don't like it for baking potatoes but I do like it for 'freshening' bread or heating pocket bread, etc.  I'm sure if you go to google, bing or ask.com   you'll probably find a pattern & suggestions for the correct fabric to use.  Maybe that's why mine doesn't work so well.  I can't see much of a difference between a potato cooked in the microwave or 1 cooked in the bag. 

False

Oh I like the bread freshing idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so sure I kept the thread BUT DH deleted alot of my things..............bless his little pea pickin heart!!!!!!!!!!
    NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Sister In Law does alot of sewing and I thought she'd get a kick out of the baked potato sleeve, now I can also tell her about using it for bread.

False

My sister gave me one for christmas as a stocking stuffer. When I first saw it, I thought it was a pot holder.  There is a tag on it  calling it a Baked Potato Bag.  It says to wash and dry 1-4 medium sized potatoes.  Do not prick.  Microwave for 4-8 minutes in bag.  Use a fork to open potato so it will be fluffy.  Let the bag air dry.  Also great for corn on the cob with the husks off and also tortillas.  The web address is wakedistributors@shaw.ca

The bag is 100% cotton and made by Loraine Wake in Brentwood Bay, B.C. Canada.

False
    Carolyn U.

My mom gave me a Baked Potato Bag for the microwave that she got a one of those trade shows with many products. The lady demonstrating it said it did more than just bake potatoes- but I never found out more. It has a cloth outside with a silver colored cloth inside. I'll check out that website.

False

Keep Smilin'! A good laugh- for any reason- will do anyone good!

I saw potato bags for sale at a craft fair before Christmas. I hadn't seen one before that. The friend who went to the fair with me said she wraps a wet paper towel around the baked potato and it does the same job. I didn't try it, but wonder if anyone else has?

False

Here is a video on how to make the potato bag....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGvHSwp3iyg

And here is a link to a pattern.....

http://lynbrown.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/baked-potato-bag-full-instructions.pdf

MAKE SURE TO USE ONLY 100% COTTON EVERYTHING. YES, EVEN THE THREAD.

False

http://mammascookin.blogspot.com/

Elena88
    said she wraps a wet paper towel around the baked potato and it does the same job.

I don't even do that!

I prick em' a little bit, throw em' in the microwave, cover, and press baked potatoes.   They're delicious.  I've heard people say baking them in the oven makes them taste better.  They taste exactly the same to me. The only difference is waiting an hour or waiting a few minutes for dinner.    Smile

False

Nature is the 'Great Mysterious' ... the religion before religions. Peter Matthiessen, Indian Country

Widdle_NY
    I've heard people say baking them in the oven makes them taste better.

The oven gives them a nice crispy skin - my favorite part!!!

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Thanks for the great replies and also the links!

False