Our new Tracfone service started today | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Our new Tracfone service started today

Last post Dec 30, 2011 3:01 AM by 16281628 . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • Our new Tracfone service started today

A few weeks ago I asked if anyone knew of an inexpensive cell phone service and overwhelmingly Tracfone was the top runner. Investigated the phones and airtime plans and we now are customers. Goodbye high priced Verizon! The last bill I paid to them we only used a little over 100 minutes for the two of us....we share a 450 minute plan. This last bill we only used 58 minutes so for $70 a month we weren't using enough minutes to make it worth our while. Now we pay a little over $115 a year for Dh and he has over 1100minutes. My phone came with free 120 minutes so won't buy any airtime until that is almost used up. I think we will be happy with this and do thank all of you who recommended it....Will save us at least $600 a year!!

False
  • Re: Our new Tracfone service started today

we also DUMPED Verizon several years ago and now use T-Mobile's pay as you go....we buy our minutes mid December....last year I ONLY bought 10 bucks worth, just to keep the plan going....we just don't use our cell phone's that much...so it was WORTHLESS to pay the BIG bucks for monthly service...

so enjoy your freedom!!!!!! and extra $$$$$$

False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

I have trac, too.

Shelley, you only had to pay $10 for the whole year?  With the trac, you have to pay every 3 months.

False

catmint

T-Mobile you are only buying minutes...I don't know how Trac works....this year we both got 50 bucks worth...so we are set for awhile...

False

Walk yourself strong!!

We have had Tracfone for over 8 years now.  Never had a problem with them.  I recommend them if you like the idea of paying for your service first.  We hardly ever use our cell phone, so it is well worth it for us.

False

Everything is okay in the end, if it's not okay, then it's not the end.

shelleyjCA2AZ

T-Mobile you are only buying minutes...I don't know how Trac works....this year we both got 50 bucks worth...so we are set for awhile...

That's how Trac works. My phone came with 120 free minutes plus had a few out of the box so I didn't buy any minutes for myself. So I have 128 minutes good through 145 days. As soon as I approach those limits I'll sign up for a year's service. DH has 1100 minutes good through over 400 days. It will be a miracle if he uses them all.

Question I forgot to ask the representative. Can you call Tracfone to Tracfone for free like you can Verizon?

Catmint....go on line and check out the one year plan for $99.99. Good for 365 days and with the promo codes you can get around 800-1000 minutes and not worry for 365 days.

False

justyouandme20002001
    Question I forgot to ask the representative. Can you call Tracfone to Tracfone for free like you can Verizon?

No, we've had Tracfone for years and it costs minutes everytime you use it--even to other Tracfone users. 

But we love it!  We have a phone when we need it--and no additional bill!

And you can also take pics, send pics, and text.  :)

False

My dh, dd and I all have Net10 phones (sister company of Trac).  We buy a prepaid card each month for $50 and have unlimited talk, text and internet.  We dumped AT & T for them and couldn't be happier!

brigidSleep

False

they must be very alike in services then....we just have to buy more minutes prior to mid Dec to keep on the plan and the minutes do not expire....as I am still working on them from 2 years ago...

and Brigid....do you live near Joplin????  we have family in that area too....in the hills...

False

Walk yourself strong!!

shelleyjCA2AZ
    do you live near Joplin????

We're in NE Oklahoma about an hour from Joplin.  My dh works in Joplin and had several people he works with lose their homes in the May 22nd storm.  I plan on keeping Joplin on my siggy until the anniversary as a reminder that even though it's not in the news anymore it's still important to remember the loss.  But, Joplin is coming back unbelievably well!  Each time I go there are signs of new homes and businesses rebuilding. Hope your family got through the storm unharmed. 

brigidSleep

False

Since I don't use my phone as a "phone" I'll continue my expensive plan.  I've had mine for over a year and I've made, maybe, 10 calls.  I use mine for emails, texting, and other services.  I HATE phones.

False

The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do. ~Barrie

Math is fun!

Click for Soldotna, Alaska Forecast

Thanks for info. Now I have kids on my plan all over country - so the cell is the cheapest way to stay in contact. Wish I could get rid of landline - but smoke detectors are tied into it. Don't want to risk it.

False