Classico Mason Jar Question | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Classico Mason Jar Question

Last post Aug 03, 2004 3:16 PM by lauriet . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Classico Mason Jar Question
    My DH and I have saved many of these mason jars sold by Classico filled with their sauces. But, we cannot seem to find replacement lids for their small size (they appear to be smaller than the standard smallest size).
    Any advice?
    I'm wondering if we can buy a ring and use that inside the original lid...probably not a good idea, though!!

False
  • RE: Classico Mason Jar Question
    must be a canadian thing gally :)

good to see you, but do not know the answer.. just wanted to say hi!
    False
    I love those classico jars. They are the perfect size, but I've never tired re using them.
    False
    Change the world by loving people!
    I saved those jars too - great for storage as I prefer square containers as they take up less room....then the time came when I had so many that I offered some to my niece for canning.
    Not a good idea- crack in hot water baths- even happens if you use them for your freezer (maybe just me- filled them too full)!
    False
    Thanks sandpebble...good to know that. Experience is the best teacher!
    False
    I don't know anything about the mason jars you are asking about, but I use a small lid and ring made by BerNARdin. They are "63" Narrow Mouth snap lid or that is what they say on the box. I haven't bought any of these lids in the last two years, but I got them in our local grocery store. You might try to find these and see if they would fit your jars. They are smaller then regular jar lids.
    False

Thanks for the warning, sandpebble!
    Might have to re-think on the canning!
    I use them for many things, too, Pip!

Also thanks, kccd!

HIYA tvlcat!! Sending a hug your way!
    False
    Gally....those jars aren't made for canning with that's why the lids don't fit. They aren't made with the same type of glass and they will break if you try to put them into a hot water bath.

I use mine for storing things like flax seed and nuts (I put them in the deepfreeze and haven't had any of them break).

Heather
    False
    I love those jars too, they are nice. there is another sauce that comes in fancy jars too, but can't remember the name of it right now.
    False
    Hello my Bonita!

Hi Heather, thanks for the heads up. It's still DUMB as dirt to call them mason jars if they aren't good for anything else! Harumph to them! LOL!!

Thanks to everyone for responding!!
    False
    Even the regular mayo or white salad dressing jars that you get in the store are a bit smaller than a regular mason/bell ring. I don't know for sure that these jars can handle the heat when canning. I never put glass jars in my freezer either. I think they work fine for storage in your cupboards, wash and dry well, lids too. I think I'd just buy the others at the store, easier in the long run.
    False