What kind of smartphone should I get? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What kind of smartphone should I get?

Last post Jul 11, 2012 4:18 PM by zilla . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • What kind of smartphone should I get?

I am looking at getting a smartphone from Verizon. What kind should I think about getting? Any I should avoid?

Thanks for any opinions!

False
  • Re: What kind of smartphone should I get?

Absolutely get an Iphone.  Nothing compares (& I was an Ihater!)  It's super easy to use, even my husband can do it!  

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

I really love my new Samsung Galaxy Nexus "Google Phone". 

It wasn't available because Apple (turning me into a hater for sure) is suing Samsung, but they got the restraining order lifted, so you can get on again.

False

So what?  Big deal.
    --Closing lines of Buckaroo Banzai Beyond the 8th Dimension, AND of my childhood mix tapes.

We all have iPhones here....but we have been Apple users since the 80's-for both work and at home.  

DS wanted the Samsung Galaxy but we couldnt get it on our plan so he "settled" for an iPhone.  LOL

False
    Witty Whitney!

If you are getting a phone, go for iPhone! I have an iPod because I don't need the phone part, and the rest is the same. Just remember, you get what you pay for- you may not want to settle for the "cheaper" phones.

False

Keep Smilin'! A good laugh- for any reason- will do anyone good!

Had a Droid X. Hated it. Probably the worst phone I've ever owned.  Now I've got an Iphone 4s (Verizon is my carrier) and I love it! I don't know why I waited so long to switch.

False

I just got a Droid4, and so far the only thing I don't like about it is that if I delete my emails from it, they disappear from my computer as well. I was told that's because they come directly from the server on this phone (it didn't happen on my BlackBerry), but if that's true, why don't they disappear from the phone when I delete them on my computer? It's the little things that irritate me. LOL Other than that, I'm very happy with it.

False

Thanks everyone! I am most seriously looking at the iPhone 4 with 8GB due to the cost of the 4S. I don't think we can wait for the 5 to come out to wait for the price of the 4S to drop. Anyone with an iPhone 4 with input??

Thanks again!!

False

I have the iPhone and LOVE it.  I thinks it's incredibly easy to use, but I also have an iPad and that helps because they are exact...except I can't put my iPad in my pocket (use my purse) and I can't call anyone, but I can used a free text app instead.

I have the smallest data program and on those occasions we've been away from WIFI, I've tried to use as much as possible & so far haven't come close to going over.  You can download the Verizon app to make sure, plus it's just nice to have.

I recently discovered Photo Stream, which sends all your photos to iCloud and it's terrific.  I'm amazed at the quality of the camera on this phone, I just got some great shots of the coastal area.  I can't think of a need to carry around a camera anymore now.

Lots of fun apps to download and the majority of mine were free.  Love the newest ones I got... QR scanner, and the flashlight.

Have fun Zilla....I'm pretty sure you will!!

False

DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLDER.

IT'S A PRIVILEGE DENIED TO MANY.

zilla

Thanks everyone! I am most seriously looking at the iPhone 4 with 8GB due to the cost of the 4S. I don't think we can wait for the 5 to come out to wait for the price of the 4S to drop. Anyone with an iPhone 4 with input??

Thanks again!!

DH had an iPhone 4 and upgraded to the 4S.  DS and I both have the 4S's.  The S has the iOS5 software (you wont get Siri on the 4- but I hate her anyway LOL), its a heck of a lot faster due to the faster chip, has a better camera and it gets better reception due to the new antenna placement.  He also thinks the battery lasts longer on the 4S.

If you can wait until the 5 comes out (September maybe) then the prices of the 4S will come down.  :-)

False
    Witty Whitney!

Well, I went with the iPhone 4. It should be here Friday. I'll have 14 days to see if I like it. We'll see how it goes! Thanks for the help!

False