What goes with Tacos? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What goes with Tacos?

Last post Aug 06, 2004 10:18 PM by Snowteapots_IA . 20 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 12
  • What goes with Tacos?
    I'm looking for side dishes to serve with a Taco Pie that is made with Cresent Rolls. Any ideas?
    False
  • RE: What goes with Tacos?
    I usually think tacos are a meal unto themselves, but I'd suggest a salad and spanish rice.
    False
    I usually serve corn on the cob and salad with tacos.
    False
    I usually serve corn with my tacos. But with a taco pie a salad would go nicely too.
    False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

Maybe refried beans with cheese melted on top.
    Trisha
    False
    no ideas but would like the recipe for the taco pie...
    False
    I make Mexican corn by simply sauteing a tablespoon each of diced green and red peppers in a tlbs of butter, then add a can or two of drained corn and heat. It's very pretty and a tasty side dish to tacos
    False
    George Washington Carver "The secret of my success? It is simple. It is found in the BIBLE, "In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths"
    Refried beans w/melted cheese on top!
    False
    Thanks for all the great ideas.

Debbielee - here's the recipe.
    It was posted by soupersue.

CRESCENT TACO PIE

1 1/4 lb. ground beef
    1 pkg. taco seasoning
    1/2 cup water
    1/2 cup chunky salsa
    1 can of crescent rolls
    1 1/2 cups crushed corn chips
    1 8oz. sour cream
    6 slices american cheese

Brown meat and drain. Add seasoning mix, water, and salsa - simmer 5 min. Place crescent dough in a 10 inch pie plate and arrange to form a crust, pressing edges together at seams. Sprinkle 1 cup of corn chips on the bottom, reserving 1/2 cup for the top. Spoon the meat mix into crust. Cover with cheese slices and sprinkle with remaining corn chips. Bake@ 375 deg. for 20 min. until crust is golden. Serve in slices along with shredded lettuce, sliced olives and diced tomatoes.
    False
    Not trying to be stupid, but in the recipe it calls for sour cream. Is this just for when you serve it or does it somehow go in the pie also. Recipe sounds delicious and I want to make it for supper. Thanks.
    False
    Apples, hot with cinnamon and sugar.
    False
    Refried rice and beans with melted cheese on top...
    False
    Snowteapots - I never noticed that there are no directions for the sour cream. We are having this on Sunday. I am going to mix a half cup or so into the meat mixture and use the rest to put on top.

False
    Flan would be good for dessert. Sweet, light textured, and a traditional Mexican dessert too.
    False
    Since our tacos are kind of spicy I like to have fresh fruit cut up and served with it. Also like spanish rice.

The recipe sounds yummy.

Ponca Gal
    False