Now that Christmas is over, I'm wondering... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Now that Christmas is over, I'm wondering...

Last post Dec 27, 2012 3:15 PM by Catmint_WV_49F . 18 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 12
  • Now that Christmas is over, I'm wondering...

Is it still politically correct to wish people Happy New Year or is there some group out there that will find it offensive because they don't celebrate New Year's Day?

False

• Re: Now that Christmas is over, I'm wondering...

Well some people just like to be offended, so in that case - I'm sure they'll find a way.  But as far as I know...it's still politically correct to say HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Don't do it, Footsie!

Or exactly the same number of people who have ever objected to Merry Christmas may object to Happy New Years!

(In my universe, that number would be zero.)

False

A lot of this is folk memories and cultural hangovers.

My first thought was --- did the hubby of Footsie give her a lobotomy?  YOU ARE GOING TO WORRY IF SOMEONE IS OFFENDED?  Did a leaf get turned for Christmas?

Oh, go on, take a chance ... 

Thanks for the first laff of the day!

The little girl in the picture looks just like my GGD --- and the saying is how she thinks.  

False

“Always ask questions.  It’s more important to stay interested than interesting.”  Jane Fonda 

Lady Fingers
    Don't do it, Footsie!

Now you've done it.  You know she'll have to do it now.

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

sstetzel

Lady Fingers
    Don't do it, Footsie!

Now you've done it.  You know she'll have to do it now.

YUP!!!

False

All government documents mention "the year of our lord," so you'd better make sure you wish people a Happy New Year Of Our Lord.  Otherwise some idiot with nothing better to do will accuse you of starting a War on New Year.

False

I don't often get asked to define irony, but when I do, I always say,

"Why, yes.  Yes, I AM a Field Editor for Taste of Home."

cast_iron_king
    Otherwise some idiot with nothing better to do will accuse you of starting a War on New Year.

LOL  Will I have to sign a petition?

False

“Always ask questions.  It’s more important to stay interested than interesting.”  Jane Fonda 

Actually - if you wanna be politically correct, you can wish DH and I a Very Happy Anniversary on January 1st - cause we will have been married - **carp**  I need to find our wedding license - cause I can never remember the year we got married!! Confused - 2007 - so if I can do the math - it will be our 6 year wedding anniversary!! Stick out tongue

False

I for one, don't care if you say Happy New Year or not.  I'm not "offended" by it.  After all, it is a new year.  

False
    I'll gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today - Wimpy

I dunnoooooo because CHINESE New Year isn't until February so be careful......

False

I'm not psycho.....I just like psychotic things.

Adria's World

Footsie,  I'am here to say  " HAPPY NEW YEAR "   I get so sick and tired of all the BS with being Politically correct.  I remember when I was working as a teller.  We were told NOT to say Merry Christmas.  Did I do that ?  NO !  and i got all happy responses back from my customers when I did say MERRY CHRISTMAS.  I told my manager what are they going to do fire me ?   She didn't answer.

Cassie

False

Barbara Anne

I'll take all the goodwill people want to share with me.Any way they care to say it.

False
    I'm with pc66 here,wish me whatever you want,but mean it,smile while you say it,and if you are a good looking man,give me a hug!all love and good wishes happily accepted!I am totally politically incorrect in this subject,and wish people what I have always wished them,they need not accept it in their heart of hearts! I am too old and too blonde to work out who believes in what....... Oh Sitty,how romantic!
    False

cast_iron_king

All government documents mention "the year of our lord," so you'd better make sure you wish people a Happy New Year Of Our Lord.  Otherwise some idiot with nothing better to do will accuse you of starting a War on New Year.

The documents I see just say FY13, which started October 1, 2012.

False

A lot of this is folk memories and cultural hangovers.