♥Critter Pet Chat-Thursday, December 27th♥ | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

♥Critter Pet Chat-Thursday, December 27th♥

Last post Dec 27, 2012 5:06 PM by NanZim . 16 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12
  • ♥Critter Pet Chat-Thursday, December 27th♥

Hello

False

siggie budgie-little green Duckling kissing heart  

Colossians 3:17, 23,24

• Re: ♥Critter Pet Chat-Thursday, December 27th♥

Make Cut-Out Snow Flakes Day

National Fruitcake Day

False

Make Cut-Out Snowflakes DaySnowflake5

National Fruit Cake Day

False

My Grammy made fruitcakes every Christmas for her 3 sons and 3 sons-in-law.  She made them a week or 2 before Christmas.  Every few days she drizzled them with some type of liquor.  My Dad loved that fruitcake.

False

No snow here in southern NJ.  Just lots of rain, rain, rain and wind all day and night Wednesday.  It was a good day to stay inside the house.

False

I hope you enjoy your Thursday.

Have a HAPPY.

BBL

False

False

We got 13 inches of snow so far, with more on the way.  The weatherman said we could see 6-8 inches more by morning.  And the wind is to pick up.  Sad

I am so enjoying the time off of work. Sleeping in past 4:30am feels wonderful!  I'm getting spoiled.  Smile  So is Gracie.

I'm not a big fan of regular fruit cake, but I had a chocolate fruit cake once what was really delicious.

False

Good morning.  Snow started last night and this  morning it is hard to tell just how much has accumulated.  The weather guessers are calling this an old fashion nor easter.  The plow went by at 4am.  We will just have to wait and see.  Hope this finds all in good spirits!

keeping all in thoughts and prayers

False

Carolyn U.

Not much going on. The usual. Life. A bit on the cold side. No moisture of any kind. Wind with fast blowing gusts and brown skies filled with dust. I've been carrying buckets of water from the house to all outdoor critters.

Hope everyone is Okay.

False

Good morning.

Don't need paper cut-out snowflakes - have the real thing outside and it is still coming down.Have not seen or heard a snow-plow on my road - guess that's one of the hazards of living on a back road to a back road Hmm - the township will remember us eventually. Not light enough outside to tackle shoveling paths to the barn and shed. DGD has a sore throat and a cough so I'll let her sleep in.

Well, speak of the devil Surprise plow just came through!

I do not care for fruitcake.

Baker, enjoy your time off - you have earned a break.

False

red_savage1
    I've been carrying buckets of water from the house to all outdoor critters.

I hear you. I have a two bucket system for Tango when the temps go below freezing - one bucket defrosting in the kitchen while another is in the barn with liquid water. Not so easy keeping the chickens in water - I have no power to the barn or shed so cant use the critter waterers with an inbuilt heater.

False

It is still nasty outside this morning.  The wind is really gusty and it is drizziling.  No snow for us-just lots of rain.

RS and Red....I know how hard it can be to keep a constant supply of fresh water for the animals when the temperatures drop below the freezing mark all day.

When the temps are below freezing all day we have to go out to the duck pens several times to either refill the water dishes or break up the ice so the ducks have water.

We are not expected to go belwo freezing until later tonight, but that wind is making it feel freezing.

RS...I have that bucket system too except I have 3 or 4 large watering cans.  I refill them after I empty them into the water dishes. 

False

Good morning. The water pans would be hard here this morning. It was a whole 10* but not a lot of wind.

I love a good fruit cake. It's just to bad that I'm the only one here that does. I used to make it around Thanksgiving time and then every few days I would drizzle a tsp of brandy on top of each one. Only problem was it made such a big batch.

Not all that much going on today again. We are still having Christmas with my family next Sunday. Providing no one is sick and we don't get dumped on with snow.

Baker glad you are enjoying the time off.

Hugs and prayers for all and treats and scratches for everyone too.

False

We got some snow yesterday & maybe more on Saturday.  I don't particularly like fruit cake either.  I'm going to go watch the news.  Want to know what Saturday will bring & how much of the white stuff.

False
    Click for Easton, Pennsylvania Forecast