* * Prayer Circle For Thurday, December 27, 2012 * * | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

* * Prayer Circle For Thurday, December 27, 2012 * *

Last post Dec 28, 2012 10:23 AM by fourwheelermama_MT . 16 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12
  • * * Prayer Circle For Thurday, December 27, 2012 * *

Blessings in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Our lesson today is by Pastor Jeff Schreve of "From His Heart Ministries".

Taking the Long Look

"...fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of

faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2-3

School. It can seem sooo long, can't it? When I went back to school in 1996 to get my seminary degree, I remember thinking as I looked at the degree plan for an MDIV: 92 semester hours ... wow, this is going to take a long time. About halfway into the degree, it started to seem like I would NEVER finish. A big part of me wanted to throw in the towel. But, after nearly 5 years of not giving up, semester after semester, I finally graduated in December of 2000. And it was so worth it.

What seemed like an endless, grueling experience at the time is now just a pleasant, distant memory.

KEEPING PERSPECTIVE

Are you facing some long and arduous days right now? Perhaps you are in school and silently wondering if you'll ever finish. Perhaps you are taking care of preschoolers, wondering if life will always be this exhausting. Perhaps you are going through some serious problems in marriage and family, or business, or ministry ... and starting to doubt if things will ever get better.

In the grinder called life, it is easy to lose sight of the finish line. It is easy to lose the forest because of all the trees. But God reminds us that the way to overcome the especially tough times in life is to keep looking forward.

How in the world could Jesus endure the cross? He kept the joy before Him. He kept seeing the finish line and the tremendous payout on the other side. You and I need to do the same.

SNAP SHOTS vs. END SHOTS

We all have a tendency to see life in a snap shot. Whatever we are experiencing right now is our current reality and sets the stage for our happiness or our sadness, depending on the circumstances. Taking an "end shot" to offset the snap shot is a much better way to live.

God is using all the unpleasant circumstances in your life and mine to mold us and make us into the person He wants us to be. Tears and heartaches are NOT wasted; they are used to teach us to depend upon Him.

When all is said and done, the real test of a disciple is not ingenuity, creativity, or some unknown intangible. The real test is simple obedience, to be faithful to do what the Lord has called you to do until He calls you home. And the fuel to do what He has called you to do is to keep your eyes on the Lord who stands at the finish line. The little couplet says it best, "Though the pathway to glory, may sometimes seem dreary, it pays to serve Jesus every day."

God is at work in you and me. Let's not lose sight of the bigger picture of what He is doing and what He has in store for those who are faithful until death.

Love,

Pastor Jeff Schreve

From His Heart Ministries

Grannyfay back:

If I have to get through some short-term bad thing--such as a painful or scary medical exam, surgery, or whatever--I try to look forward a few days past that time.  I think, "This time next week I'll be doing this.... and this bad thing will be in the past."   It helps.  And what will help us even more is to look toward Jesus and know that He is there for us.  He is our Future.

God Bless!

False
  • Re: * * Prayer Circle For Thurday, December 27, 2012 * *

Here is the link to Wednesday's PC:

http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/29/t/875659.aspx

I'm going to go check it out and I'll be back later, Lord willing.

False

Thanks for posting the lesson Fay....my eyes perk up when I see Jeff Schreve's name.

John and I are playing hookey from church tonight. They're just watching a movie..and John isn't feeling all that great.

Have a good night! Deb

False

Fay, loved the lesson too!  I do what you do & look forward to after the unpleasant or sometimes pleasant things, then it comes & goes & you wonder what happened!!!    Surprise

De, prayers for John, you too!

Jo is happy to be home but still her aloof self & Pete is Pete & Kenneth is starting to get bored I think.

Hugs  prayers

Paty

False

Hello Everyone.

Fay, thank you for the wonderful lesson.  I'm another one who's eyes perk up when I see Jeff Schreve's name.

Deb, praying for John to feel better.  Hugs!

Patty, so glad that Jo is home and OK.

I am so enjoying the time off of work. Sleeping in past 4:30am feels wonderful!  I'm getting spoiled.  :) 

We got 13 inches of snow so far, with more on the way.  The weatherman said we could see 6-8 inches more by morning.

Will be holding all of you dear ones in my prayers.

Hugs & Love to All,

Lu

False

Deb, did Mandie and the little ones get their flight out?  Praying for you to get over that infection!  And praying for you and John to both get some rest tonight. 

Lu, Wow!  You got a lot more snow than we did!  Guess you're more used to it than we are. ;)   Praying you get some much needed rest, too!

Randy, continuing to pray for your DD and for Tom!  And for you, Sweetie!

Lynnette, you're right--many people do live like Jesus had never been born. :(   I did that myself for a long time. :((  But Praise God when we finally come to our senses and recognize Him, He is more than ready to receive us!  What a Savior!  :))  Enjoy your Legos.  GS has used those in his Robotics club.

Linda, it's always good to see and/or hear from you!  Hugs back at 'cha!

Patty, I like Denny's.  We used to have one at Paducah but I think the closest one now is at Clarksville, TN.  :(   Glad Pete is gaining weight!  Sorry he doesn't like Jo being home. ;)  Our inside cat, Tabby, doesn't like any other cat.  She hisses if one of the outside cats try to come in. 

Hope I haven't missed anyone?   Praying for all!

I'll check back before bedtime if I can stay awake. ;)

False

Popping in and praying. My Dad is back in the hospital. Continue to pray they know how to treat him.

False

Praying for your Dad, Mari!  And for you.  Hugs!

Praying for All!

God Bless!  Nite!

False

Fay, I don't know if they got on a flight or not.

Mari, I'm praying for your dad.

We should also keep Pres. Bush 41 in our prayers. He's pretty sick.

False

Lu, I remember those days of the Lake effect storms & getting that much snow in 1 day, I worked Christmas eve day & we watched it pile up & when I drove home all you could do was follow in the ruts. I had to go to my sisters that night, they wouln't let me stay home. I would have loved to stay home cause I had to work the next day too & it accumulated even more.  Oh, that Lake effect snow.  Prayers for you & Chris.

Hi Fay, I hope you all don't get any more snow, be safe!

Mari, praying for your dad & for the Dr. to be abl to help him!

Deb, keep Pre. H.W.Bush in prayer, Methodist is a good hospital, he is in guarded condition right now, he is a good guy.

Hope you & John are feeling better?

It feels weird to be freezing but it is so much better than sweating to death.   I think I need to go to bed early tonight, 7 a.m. was a bit early for me!   Huh?

Prayers & hugs,

Patty

False

Yo. Busy day ahead, but keeping you all in my prayers. ((((((((Prayer Circle))))))))

False

Hi everyone!

Patty, I'll play around with pictures and photobucket sometime in the next few days and bring a pic of my LEGO sets here.  I'm going to go start putting the one I got for Christmas together soon.  DH finished his yesterday evening, but I couldn't start this morning because I had to get to the grocery store.  I need to wash some dishes too, but I think I'll do a little LEGO building first, it's more fun! Stick out tongue

Praying for healing, for provision, and for trusting hearts bursting with love and joy Big Smile

Left HugLinda, Fay, Deb, Randy, Lu, Mari, Patty, Chris, and the rest of the PCRight Hug

Lynnette

False
    "This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad..." Psalm 118:24

WWOSnowballoonschris-vi

I'm so sorry to have been missing for so long.  Photobucket is going to make it not possible to copy and paste my siggies at the beginning of the year.  So, for many, many days I've been having to store them somewhere else.  Have gazillions of them.

Every morning I'd stop here to read the posts first so I could pray, and then run to take care of my siggy job.

I'm going to have to do that exact thing when I leave here.

No one has been neglected in my prayer time.

False

Hi all, not in the mood to chi chat, had a bad night & so far a bad day, I did change my bed & launder sheets but I'm hurting & after eating lunch my tummy hurts.

(((((Chris)))))

Love you all,

Patty

False

I am enjoying a lazy day.   Smile

I'm praying for all.

Hugs & Love to All,

Lu

False