This is crazy, got the bill for my Classic Mustang Ins. | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

This is crazy, got the bill for my Classic Mustang Ins.

Last post Dec 28, 2012 9:09 PM by Cassiebabe_Calif . 18 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 12
  • This is crazy, got the bill for my Classic Mustang Ins.

I got my 6 month renewal for my "65" Mustang and it went up and is only $38.00 cheaper then the premium for my new car !   Plus  my 13 yr old Toyota Tacoma truck is only $ 7.00  cheaper than my new car. 

I called State Farm.  Now they are checking into it.   My agent is out on vac but his secretary said something is definately not right.   I made no changes in any of these policy's.    I have had them for over 40 years .   I'am thinking of selling the Mustang,  but was just waiting with this economy what classic cars are going for.   I have 3 people interested in buying it,  but want it for a steal,  I don't think so.

Cassie

False

Barbara Anne

• Re: This is crazy, got the bill for my Classic Mustang Ins.

Given the fact that you can't just run to any dealership and get replacement parts if something happens to the Mustang, it doesn't surprise me that it is as expensive to insure as a brand new car.

You've been thinking about selling the Mustang for as long as I've been reading this board.  I honestly don't think you ever will.  And of course people want to buy it for a steal...everyone likes to get something worth more than what they pay for it, even you!

False

Nonnie4two,  haven't seen you on here for quite a while.  Hope you and your family had a real nice Christmas.

If I was to get in a wreck the INS Co. would not replace any orig parts.  They would all be remakes probably from China. Right now it is all orig and stock.    I would have to go to junk yards and salvage places or car clubs.

I know,  I have been talking about selling this for years now.  But it is time for me to downsize from 3 auto's to 2.  I will probably offer a super good deal to DS and if he doesn't want to buy it,  then I will try and sell it.  I can't just give it to him,  or there would be World War III with his DS,  know what I mean ?

Cassie

False

Barbara Anne

No,,,why would it affect his DS?  That would be his problem.  If you don't want to hand it down, anyone to inherit it, might as well sell it, if you don't drive it or show it. 

False

catmint

Sell it at one of the collector auctions or eBay. If it's "cherry" it will bring a great price.

False

Is there a greater fault than being conscious of the other person's faults?

Kahlil Gibran

Catmint,  you misunderstood.   I can't just give it to DS for nothing as much as I would like to.  His sister would have a fit as she knows the value of it and it would not be fair.  Not mentioning the value,  you know it is a show car convertible and in mint cond.

Cassie

False

Barbara Anne

Cassiebabe_Calif
      Catmint,  you misunderstood. 

And no wonder. You said you can't give it to DS because his DS would be upset. I'm sure you meant the second DS to be Dear Sister, but I read it as a second Dear Son at first, too.

And yes, we all know it's a show car in mint condition. You may not have actually said the words, but you definitely threw your money in our faces yet again. @@

False

Bratnella,   I was NOT throwing my money in anytbody's face.  Catmint and others know what kind of car I have so it is no secret or bragging.  Just describing it.

Catmint,  I'am sorry you were NOT misunderstood,  it was me and my typing and my fault.  I talked to my INS agents secretary and they are working with the underwriting dept and get this cleared up.

I wish you both a Happy New Year and everybody else on KC.

Cassie

False

Barbara Anne

Cassiebabe_Calif
    If I was to get in a wreck the INS Co. would not replace any orig parts.  They would all be remakes probably from China. Right now it is all orig and stock.

What crappy insurance company is this?  Insurance guards against damage to original factory parts.  Period.  That's what you pay premiums for.  Unless you were a fool and signed something to the contrary, you have the right to demand original parts for the insured vehicle.  Allstate tried to pull that on us, and we made them find original parts.  Of course, our premium went up two months later, so we switched insurers, but Allstate gave us what we deserved.  I'll never go back to them, though. 

False

I don't often get asked to define irony, but when I do, I always say,

"Why, yes.  Yes, I AM a Field Editor for Taste of Home."

OK, sorry, that makes more sense. Maybe he could buy out the other half to her. Pay her the difference, if he wanted the car.

False

catmint

CIK,,My Mom has Allstate, and when her S10 was hit in the side door, (she decided to pass someone, and they ended up turning without a signal, t boned her, so, half was her fault,)  All State wouldn't give for another door, made them fix that door.

Now it PLANGS,,real thin like. We own the S10 now, and I hate that Planging noise when you shut it. :(

I was sooo glad they put all new parts on my Forester when I was rearended. The insurance co. said, (only good thing about this insurance co.) that my car had to be fixed in the state it was before the accident. State Farm also said that when I was hit the first time.

False

catmint

See that's a bunch of clap trap.  Your reimbursement may be subject to rules prevailing in the state where you got hit, but you have the right to choose who fixes your car, and if your favorite mechanic is in another state, so be it.  I can see where the insurance company might not pay for getting the car to that mechanic, but the actual repairs?  Who does them should be completely up to you!

False

I don't often get asked to define irony, but when I do, I always say,

"Why, yes.  Yes, I AM a Field Editor for Taste of Home."

Cassie, do you have it listed on your insurance as a "pleasure car" hardly ever on the road?  You can get a break in $$.

False

Cactusflower,

Yes,  it is listed as a pleasure car.  Were listed as driving 7,500 miles or less per year with State Farm.  I might do some checking on other Ins Co. that cover classic cars if they don't adjust this premium.  I will find out next Wed when my agent comes back from vacation.

Cassie

False

Barbara Anne

I know math isn't my strong point but all this over $45?

Tongue Tied

Or, did I miss something?

False

Nature is the 'Great Mysterious' ... the religion before religions. Peter Matthiessen, Indian Country