Delphi forums question | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Delphi forums question

Last post Nov 21, 2013 6:53 PM by cooknchic . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Delphi forums question

Google Chrome gave me a malware notice when I went to go to Delphi today, around 1pm Eastern time. I'm just curious if anyone else has gotten that or knows anything about it?

False

• Re: Delphi forums question
    I go to Delphi all the time and have never received such a notice. Could it be because of a link or a graphic someone has in their signature? You'd likely be better off going to the support forum and posing your question. Here's the link: http://forums.delphiforums.com/service?dbg=5

Angela
    False

Angela

I do too, Angela. That's why I asked here, because I have never encountered it either. Whether it's in a sig, because I'm not in the forums when I get the message. It stops me as I am going to the My Forums page. I'm not going to go into the forums to ask the question, necause Chrome is warning me of a security breach to my cputer if I go into the forums. What browser do you usually use to get there?
    False

Lately I've been mostly on my IPad. However, if I'm at my desktop I always use Fire Fox, never IE nor Chrome as I didn't care for it. If you are worried you could run a virus or a malware scan. Surely one or the other would pick up any bug hanging around. About the warning I have seen others mention this on occasion though I don't remember if there ever was a resolution.

Angela
    False

Angela

I'm not sure other browsers offer that warning. I absolutely don't have enough faith in virus protection to proceed into a site where I'm getting a warning of malware being used! If virus protection programs were infallible, we would be safe from such devious doings :)

I know there are a lot of Delphi forums users that used to visit here; that's why I asked. I have too much going on with online classes currently to risk it, in all seriousness.  Thanks for your info, Angela! Maybe I'll see you around Delphi :)  

False

I can understand your not wanting to take chances when you are doing online classes. That surely would take precedence. Is your Delphi name the same as here? I'll keep an eye out for you! Good luck with your classes.

Could you tell me which forum you were at. When you got the warning? Nosy parker here needs to go and see if I get a similar message.

Angela
    False

Angela

I do use the same name there ~ I go mostly to the sig forums, and a couple of book forums. Where do you spend most of your time?

I wasn't in a forum at all. I was at the "my forums" page when I go the notice. That's why it's a big concern. It wasn't one forum, it was the website.

I don't think you'll get the message if you aren't using Chrome. Chrome is identifying the danger, not your computer. It's a service built into Chrome. It caught that my town's website had been hacked and visiting it would represent a breach to my computer's safety a couple months ago. I called town hall and they confirmed that the website was indeed hacked. Any search on Chrome I did for town information returned a warning under each website that was managed by the town. So, I trust Chrome!

False