Need dessert with store bought angel food cake and...? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Need dessert with store bought angel food cake and...?

Last post Sep 17, 2004 1:02 PM by Davarenee . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Need dessert with store bought angel food cake and...?
    Just want a nice dessert using this and pudding, pie filling etc. Have seen some now, of course, cant find them!! Thanks!
    False
  • RE: Need dessert with store bought angel food cake and...?

All I have is one with the cake and pudding and canned peaches, would that help? I'll look and see if I have something in Mom's stuff.

~~LindaChicken
    False

Photobucket

Mmmm one of my favorites is tore up angel food and lemon pie filling or lemon curd.

I think I saw a couple recipes on this board for this style dessert! Sooo light and refreshing.

I wonder how well the search option would work this morning if you punch in angel food + lemon? LOL.
    False
    What about making a trifle. Cube the angel food cake and layer it with the pudding and pie filling.
    False

Here's one I found in the search. It sounds really good. Is it too early for dessert? :)

Posted by: cinnamama Replies: 5 Posted on: 9/16/2003 9:29:38 AM
    #T230913
    Cherry Angel Cream Cake

1 prepared angel food cake
    1 cup cold water
    1 3oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding
    2 cans cherry pie filling
    1 can sweetened condensed milk
    1 tsp. almond extract
    2 cups whipped cream, whipped

Cut cake into 1/4 inch slices; arrange half the slices on bottom of 9x13 baking dish. In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, water and extract; mix well. Add pudding mix; beat well. Chill five minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Spread half the cream mixture over cake slices,top evenly with one can of pie filling. Top with remaining cake slices, cream mixture and pie filling. Chill 4 hours or until set. Cut into squares to serve. Refrigerate any leftovers. Make 12-16 servings.
    False
    Wow-that sounds great, I havent seen one using the condensed milk-Thanks-gonna print that one!!!!
    False
    1 angel food cake
    1 pint heavy cream
    1 box chocolate pudding,prepared as directed and chilled
    1 cup mini choclate chips
    1/2-1 cup nuts,optional
    Break cake into large bite size pieces
    Spread in a 9x13 dish
    Whip the cream thoroughly,fold in the pudding,leaving streaky.
    Fold in the mini chips and nuts,if using.
    Pour this over the cake pieces.
    Chill several hours.
    I don't like the nuts in this.
    False
    This one sounds great to me, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm sure you could use regular pudding if you don't like fat free/sugar free. I think it is like a trifle.

(Posted by: KyAna44 Posted on: 12/10/2002 8:50:45 PM
    #R885403

Punch Bowl Cake

2 cups crushed pineapple -- drained
    1 small sugar-free, fat-free, instant vanilla pudding
    2 cups strawberries
    3 large bananas -- sliced
    12 ounces Cool Whip Free
    1 small Angel food cake -- cut up

Layer in a glass bowl, 1/2 cake, 1/2 bananas, 1/2 strawberries, 1/2 pineapple, 1/2 pudding mix, and 1/2 Cool Whip. Repeat layers. Refrigerate several hours before serving
    False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

This is my favorite and it looks great when you cut and serve it.

Take your angel food cake and make a horizontal slice across the cake about 1 inch from top. Lay that piece to one side, being careful not to break it. Next, take a knife and make a ditch in the bottom section by inserting the knife about 1 inch from the outside edge, go all around the cake, and 1 inch from the inside edge, go all the way around. Don't stick knife completely to the bottom, leave about 1 inch there also, so you will have the same size of cake on all 4 sides when cut. After making your knife pattern/guide, you can take a fork and lift out the inside pieces in chunks, leaving a ditch in the bottom section. Fill this space with a can of cherry pie filling(you may need more than 1 can of filling if your cake is a large one). Place the top back on the cake. Frost with Cool Whip that has been colored pink with red food coloring. Refrigerate!
    When you slice the cake it has cake all around with a cherry pie filling inside. Looks neat!

If I haven't thoroughly confused you, you have a picture in your mind of what it will look like. I don't have this written down in a recipe, so I'm trying to word it properly so the directions can be followed easily.
    It's really simple after you have done it once. Hope this may help.

Susan
    False
    And by the way, the chunks of cake you pull out can be eaten any way you like, as they aren't needed for the finished cake. DH & I eat them with ice cream :)

Susan
    False
    JELLO CAKE

2 Large boxes strawberry jello
    Dissolve in 2 cups hot water.
    1 large box frozen strawberries

Add to jello. Set until almost firm. Beat until frothy- high on electric mixer. Add one Angel Food cake torn into small pieces. Mix and put in pound cake pan or large bowl. Chill until set firm. Turn out onto cake plate & frost with large cool whip. Keep refrigerated. So refreshing!

Davarenee
    False