?About Dream Whip and Cool Whip | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

?About Dream Whip and Cool Whip

Last post Sep 23, 2004 9:28 AM by queenietwo . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • ?About Dream Whip and Cool Whip
    Could anyone tell me when you mix up a package of Dream Whip.
    Would it make a 4 ounce size of Cool Whip or 8 ounce of Cool Whip.
    And if a recipe calls for Dream Whip
    could you use Cool Whip instead.
    Thank You so much for your help.
    ~susiebear~
    False
  • RE: ?About Dream Whip and Cool Whip
    1 box of Dream Whip (2 envelopes) makes 2 cups. There are 3 cups in an 8 oz. Cool Whip, so you would need 3 envelopes of Dream Whip to equal the 8 oz. Cool Whip.
    I think you could use the Cool Whip in most recipes that call for Dream Whip, although I think Dream Whip whips up a little stiffer than Cool Whip.
    Hope this makes sense lol.
    False
    September Morn, Thank You so much for your help.
    In a salad with jello,circus peanuts,
    and pineapple.
    Do you think I could use cool whip instead of dream whip?
    Thank You.
    False
    I agree with Sept. Morn. I would prefer Dream Whip over Cool Whip because it holds it's shape. If you want to mix it into the recipe, Cool Whip might work OK. If you want to put on top of something or if you want it to hold it's shape, use Dream Whip. Mam-ma
    False
    Thank You Mam Ma for your help also.
    ~susiebear~
    False
    I think it would be fine. That's probably just an old enough recipe, that Cool Whip hadn't been invented yet lol.
    False
    Yes September Morn I know what you mean.Thanks.
    I just like the taste of cool whip better than dream whip.
    False
    I never or at least rarely buy Cool Whip. I always use Dream Whip. Any recipe that calls for Cool Whip then gets a substitute. I disagree with a previous poster on the amount of one package of Dream Whip. When beaten up you get two cups of whipped topping so a box with two packages makes four cups. The weight of a Cool Whip container means nothing to a recipe. It is the quantity of the topping. One cup is one cup regardless of which you use so I wouldn't be concerned over 8 oz. in weight. A one cup measure is 8 oz. after all. Marlene
    PS: Now have I confused you even more?
    False
    Marlene,
    In a recipe that calls for 1 package of prepared dream whip is that 1 or 2 cups of cool whip?
    I have never used dream whip before.
    So that is why I am asking all these questions. LOL
    Thank You,
    susiebear
    False
    I don't have a package in front of me but if my memory serves it is one package of dream whip plus 1/2 cup milk and vanilla. You whip this for 2 minutes and then 2 minutes more. When it is whipped then you get 2 cups of whipped topping. I hope I have answered you. Marlene
    False