a boneless turkey breast in the crockpot? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

a boneless turkey breast in the crockpot?

Last post Oct 25, 2004 7:33 PM by sueskie . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • a boneless turkey breast in the crockpot?
    I have a question.
    I bought a Buttterball boneless turkey breast roast on sale a while back. It is 3 lbs. I was wandering if I could cook this in the crockpot? Has anyone done this?
    The directions that came with it just give oven-roasting, microwaving, and grilling directions.
    Thanks,
    Sue
    False
  • RE: a boneless turkey breast in the crockpot?

Here's one

Posted by: suzycreamcheese_MI Replies: 1 Posted on: 4/24/2003 7:23:13 AM
    #T171017
    Here's the turkey in the crock pot recipe you requested!

1 bone-in turkey breast, thawed
    1 can cranberry sauce
    1 pkg onion soup

**Make sure the turkey breast you get will fit in your crock pot!!

Put turkey breast in crock pot, add cranberry sauce and onion soup. No need to mix them together, but you can if you want. Cook on high for two hours and on low for 5-6 hours. Enjoy

False

Photobucket

bump
    False
    I have been cooking turkey breasts in my crockpot for the last 5 yrs. They turn out so juicy! Here is what I do:

Wash turkey breast under running water, then pat dry with paper towels. Place the breast in the crockpot, and rub with apple cider vinegar and season to your liking. Add about a cup of water, then put the lid on the crockpot and cook on high for approximately 4-5 hrs.

The turkey breast is so juicy and falls off the bone. I discard the juices. This is just the way I've been fixing it. You can experiment with different additions to it.

Susie
    False
    I have also cooked a turkey breast in the crockpot. If you can do chickens, you can do turkey. They both turn out tender and juicy. I agree with the others.

Lou
    False
    Thanks for your suggestions. This is what is called a turkey breast Roast. It is boneless.
    I am guessing that I can still cook it in the crockpot.
    thanks
    Sue
    False