Don't they make Chef Boyardee pizza sauce any more? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Don't they make Chef Boyardee pizza sauce any more?

Last post Jan 07, 2009 12:18 PM by Ann_Marie_PA . 17 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 12
  • Don't they make Chef Boyardee pizza sauce any more?
    We have been buying the Chef Boyardee pizzas in the box, but we haven't been able to find the pizza sauce its self anymore. Did they discontinue it and only making it for the boxed pizzas??

Thanks!!
    Ann
    False

• RE: Don't they make Chef Boyardee pizza sauce any more?
    I think that we saw some at Meijer's last time we were there. I remember, because I was thinking about making some pizza omelettes and tortilla wraps in my GT Express 101.

John
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
    Hi John,

We don't have a Meijer's here in NW PA. :( We have Giant Eagle, Wegman's, Aldi's, and a Save-A-Lot. Have checked them and didn't see any of the pizza sauce. Will ask when I go to the grocery store 'tho, maybe they can order it in.

Thanks!
    Ann
    False

This is the clone for Pappa John's Dipping Sauce. You might try this if you can't find what you want.

Pizza Sauce
    1 10 3/4-ounce can of tomato puree
    1/4 cup water
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon oregano
    1/8 teaspoon basil
    1/8 teaspoon thyme
    1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

1. Combine ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
    2. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. (http://www.topsecretrecipes.com)
    Makes 1 cup.

Kathy
    False
    cathy: thank you...will give it a try. :)
    False

You are quite welcome. Hope it comes close to what you like.

Kathy
    False
    Ann Marie, I've seen the Chef Boyardee pizza sauce recently. It was at the locally owned IGA (a small store). Doesn't sound like you have an IGA, but I am certain they do still sell it.

BTW - I noticed your other post about the TOH Cooking Show in Erie...do you live in Erie? My dad & stepmom and their sons live in Millcreek Township.
    False
    Name dropping again John? Trying to get me to buy that machine? Well, it's starting to work. lol
    False
    John: What is the "GT Express 101?"

Mindy: yes I live *near* Erie, takes me about 20-30 minutes to get there from where I live.

Take care,
    Ann
    False

Aw Doris, Go ahead and buy one. It's just the right size to feed the two of you. I just ordered aone for my son-in-law for Christmas. After seeing mine he wants one to make his kids lunches in.

Ann,
    The GT Express is a lot like the electric sandwich makers, but instead of having two flat plates it has two pockets inside it. You can make pita sandwiches, tortilla roll-ups, scrambled or fried eggs in it. I've made jalapeño and cheese cornbread, sausage and cheese omelettes, brownies, mashed potatoe and hamburg patties and plan on making tortilla pizzas and chicken stuffed, stuffing loaves in it.

John
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
    Ohhhh...I think I've seen the infomercial for those.
    False

http://www.hometownfavorites.com/index_dyn.asp
    False

• Re: Don't they make Chef Boyardee pizza sauce any more?

If your still interested I have found the Walmart store brand "Great Value 14 oz jar" to be similar. Since Walmart does not can their own foods they're probably vended by the major brands.
    False

Ann - I just did a Yahoo or Google search of "Where to buy Chef Boyardee pizza sauce".  That will take you to the ConAgra website.  (ConAgra is the parent company.)  You can go to a screen that asks for your city/state or zipcode, after you specify which product you are looking for.  It will give you some area stores that have it.  Good luck!

False

Ann Marie,

How are you?  When they discontinued making Spatini (my favorite spice package for making spaghetti sauce) I emailed everyone I knew and asked them to look for me in their grocery stores.  I lucked out - my husband's cousin found about 24 boxes and I had her buy them for me.  Put them in the freezer and hope that they will be enough.

Good luck,

Janet

False