What to do with leftover beef brisket? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What to do with leftover beef brisket?

Last post Nov 18, 2004 8:48 PM by suzycreamcheese_MI . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • What to do with leftover beef brisket?
    Hi All,

I made the Tender Beef Brisket in QC March/April '04. It was very good. But now I have the leftovers because I doubled the recipe since I was supposed to have company. Well the company backed out, and now I have a large quantity of this stuff. Any suggestions as to what I can do? I was thinking of chopping some of it up and putting it in chili, but that was all I could come up with. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Grace
    False
  • RE: What to do with leftover beef brisket?
    Left-Over Beef Brisket Burritos

Ingredients:

left-over beef brisket, shredded and chilled

2 tablespoons salad oil

2 tomatoes, diced

½ red pepper, julienned lengthwise

½ green pepper, julienned lengthwise

1 red onion, julienned lengthwise

1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, ribbed, and chopped

1 6-ounce can V-8 Juice

Method:

Place the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the tomatoes, red pepper, green pepper, red onion, and jalapeno and cook for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft and bound together. Add the V-8 Juice and deglaze the pan by stirring gently to loosen the browned bits of vegetables from the bottom of the pan. Add the chilled, shredded beef and cook until hot - about 4-5 minutes.

Serve in warmed corn tortillas.

False
    Hash

Cups beef brisket, shreded or chopped
    1 egg, well beaten
    3 cups cooked potatoes, diced
    ¼ teaspoon salt
    ¼ cup beef buillon
    Black pepper (to taste)
    1 medium onion, diced
    2 teaspoons cooking oil

Mix all ingredients except cooking oil in a bowl. Use oil to grease the bottom and sides of a heavy skillet. Pour hash mixture into skillet. Cook over low heat. Do not stir. After thirty minutes, it should be browned on the bottom. Finish off by baking at 350 degrees F. for fifteen minutes, or until top browns
    False
    Oh, I do not like when that happens. I grind mine up for sandwich spread. If it is very large quanity, you might freeze some to be used as you need it. Good luck with it.

txflatlander
    False
    Beef Barley Soup

2 cups chopped leftover roast beef
    9 cups cold water
    1 cup tomato juice
    1 cup barley
    1/2 cup finely chopped onion
    1/2 cup chopped carrots
    3 beef bouillion cubes
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 cup finely chopped celery

Combine all above ingredients in a large soup pot and simmer, covered, for 3 hours or until the barley is tender.
    False
    I'd shred some up wth some BBQ sauce..BBQ beef sandwiches or over some rice. MMMM!!!
    :)
    False
    I always shred it up and put it in the crock pot with some bbq sauce. I let it simmer all day and its great on crusty french bread.

My friend uses the left over to make home made tamales.

Another idea is to use it in fajitas. I cook onion and green peppers in a skillet, until they are slightly brown on the edges and the onions are clear. I add the meat (shredded) and cook until its warmed through. Throw it into a tortilla with some salsa, rice, cheese and sour cream... YUM YUM YUM!!!!!
    False
    Fahitas
    Steak Salad
    False
    bump
    False
    Make a beef pot pie. Make it like a chicken pot pie, but with beef and mushrooms and carrots and peas in a rich beef gravy, and a tender pastry crust. Yum. You could freeze this too.
    False
    I added left-over brisket to chili - it was awesome!
    False