ISO dessert recipes that use honey instead of sugar | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO dessert recipes that use honey instead of sugar

Last post Nov 21, 2004 10:33 AM by Frostqt . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • ISO dessert recipes that use honey instead of sugar
    My aunt works at a school for children that have been abused or neglected. The school has very strict food regulations due to many of the medications the children are on. They do not allow sugar at the school. The children can have honey though.
    False
  • RE: ISO dessert recipes that use honey instead of sugar
    bump
    False
    in the search here type "Honeyed Pumpkin Pie" , it's very good. I'll see if I can find other honey recipes for you, it is such a 'good for you' sweetener!

Cali
    False
    Here is a wonderful site from a Canadian Honey producers.

http://www.beemaid.com/BeeMaid/recipes.htm
    False
    You can omit the brown sugar in this recipe and add more honey to taste. You might have to add additional flour if the mixture is too wet to form cookies.

Honey Roasted Peanut Butter Cookies

½ cup peanut butter
    ½ cup butter, softened
    ½ cup honey
    ½ cup brown sugar. packed
    1 egg
    1 tsp. Vanilla
    2 cup flour
    ½ tsp. salt
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 cup old fashioned oats
    ½ cup honey roasted peanuts, chopped

Cream butter, peanut butter, honey and brown sugar together. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth. Mix flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating well until thoroughly mixed. Stir in oats and chopped peanuts. Scoop mixture by using a 2 Tbsp scoop or roll into 1” balls. Flatten slightly with fork dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
    False
    Thank you! The kids like to have birthday celebrations and holiday parties but it is very hard for the teachers to come up with snacks that meet the food regulations.
    False