How long would you cook a turkey breast in crockpot? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How long would you cook a turkey breast in crockpot?

Last post Nov 24, 2004 3:01 PM by CottleNC . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • How long would you cook a turkey breast in crockpot?
    It's 6 pounds, bone-in. Can somebody check their Fix-It and Forget-It cookbook for me? Thanks!
    False
  • RE: How long would you cook a turkey breast in crockpot?
    I just found this...

This has to be the easiest crockpot recipe ever. Even easier than the pot roast/dry onion soup/can mushroom soup thing.

1) Open Crockpot
    2) Insert thawed turkey breast (bone-in, mine was like 7-1/2 pounds). You need a large oval crockpot for this. I used my 5-1/2 qt and the breast just fit.
    3) Add a cup or so water (or chicken broth I used)
    4) Sprinkle with whatever spices you like (I made on today and used Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt)
    5) Cook on low. I turned mine on today at 6am and DS got home from school and turned it off at about 3:30, so about 7-8 hours on low.

Skin browns perfectly! Meat is very moist. Dinner is served lol! I LUV TURKEY TOO! :)
    False
    My cranberry turkey breast, 6-7 pounds or so, calls for 2 hours on high and 4-6 on low....and it's always falling apart tender!

~~susie.
    False

Thanks for the help.

I've been spending the last 2 hours looking at the BB Christmas Goodies thread. Boy, now I want to get in the kitchen and cook big time. Susan
    False