Help! Slight Freezer Burn on Chicken-Ideas? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Help! Slight Freezer Burn on Chicken-Ideas?

Last post Dec 02, 2004 11:07 AM by mandasmom . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Help! Slight Freezer Burn on Chicken-Ideas?
    I just found a whole package of chicken legs with a slight freezer burn. Can I still use? I really hate to throw good $ away. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
    False
  • RE: Help! Slight Freezer Burn on Chicken-Ideas?
    They should be fine, use them as usual, I do!

~~susie.
    False

Thanks so much, I feel better. This board is awesome, always have the right answers. Now, what to do with those legs?
    False
    If you marinate them in Italian salad dressing, that'll help take the freezer burn taste away.
    False
    Baked "Fried" Chicken

Chicken pieces of your choice.

1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (green can)
    2 Tbls cornmeal
    1/2 tsp cayenne
    1 egg white

Brush chicken with a beaten egg white and coat with mixture.

Place in baking dish, spray with cooking spray. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 35 min. or until juices run clear.

I just made up a quadruple batch of the coating and put it in the freezer to have.

This is an excellent recipe I found in Family Circle more years ago than I can remember. I always skin my chicken, so if yours is freeze burned, this would take care of that.

When warmed up, this chicken tastes freshly made. Not like the "cold chicken" taste.

Kathy

False
    Thank you so much! This is just what I was looking for (besides the normal barbecue,etc..) You're right, if I skin, my family will ever know how long it's been hiding!!Shhh. I won't tell if you won't!
    False