OT: Christmas game for 4th grade party | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

OT: Christmas game for 4th grade party

Last post Dec 12, 2012 1:46 PM by SusanH73 . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • OT: Christmas game for 4th grade party
    Any fun ideas for 4th graders' Christmas party? We have about a half hour of game time, looking for something simple and fun. Thanks!!
    False
  • RE: OT: Christmas game for 4th grade party
    Silent Ball...loved by students and especially teachers. If you don't know how to play let me know. My most favorite of all.

Heads-up 7 up. this doesnt seem to be played much in school but they still love it

Hang Man using christmas themes and teams

Any variety of board games are always welcome. Lots of students do not know how to play checkers and others are only too willing to teach them.
    False
    bump
    False
    I would love to hear about Silent Ball. Thanks
    False
    Our kids are playing a game where you form 2 teams. Each team has to pass a christmas package from child to child to see who can get it under the Christmas tree first. The catch is they can't use their hands!!!

If the package is dropped it has to go back to the beginning and start all over.
    False
    I also would love to hear about Silent Ball. Have you played Christmas with the Wright Family? It's a short story, and you hand the gifts left or right as each word is mentioned. I may have heard about it on this board. We're going to play it on Christmas.
    False
    Tell us how to play the game-Christmas with the Wright Family?
    False
    Christmas with the Wright family has the kids sitting in a circle and someone reads a story that includes the words left and right in it a number of times. Each time they hear the word left or right that is which way they need to pass the gift. When the story is over they get the gift they are holding. It's fun and doesn't take but a few minutes. If you want a copy of the story I could send it to you.
    False
    Try this website: www.partygamecentral.com. It has kids party games as well as a section for Christmas party games.

Kenna Lou
    False
    How about Christmas Bingo???
    Last year for my son's 4th grade class I printed off bingo cards for each of the kids and a couple of extras, and this was the hit of the party. They even asked if they could do it for every party!!!

Here is a web site that will make bingo cards for any occasion and any size.
    http://www.dltk-cards.com/bingo/

My only suggestion is to have a large picture of each of the items on the cards so that they can look and see what they are looking for as you call them out. Or, give each child a calling card sheet (will also print on this site). It is fun to put on red and green paper, or card stock if you want to pass the game on to the teacher for next year. We used colored gumdrops for markers...or you could use M&M's.
    Good luck with your party!!!
    DeeAnn
    P.S. any questions, just drop me an email takorn2003@yahoo.com
    False
  • Re: RE: OT: Christmas game for 4th grade party

I am helping with my son's 4th grade holiday party on 12-23 and I am wondering what Silent Ball is about.  If you would give me details, I would greatly appreciate it.

False

Check this website.  It has the Wright Family Christmas game on it and lots of other Christmas games.

http://www.santalady.com/xmasgames.html

False

The Wright Family Christmas games are listed under left right games on the site posted above.

Marge

False

Here is a fun one that is really fun. Divide the class into teams of 4. Give each team a pair of panty hose and 8 balloons. The object is to blow up the balloons and stuff them in the legs of the panyhose - 4 balloons per leg - forming antlers. The team captain must put the panty hose on his head with the "antlers" sticking up. The first team to have a captain wearing his antlers wins.

I have played the Wright family game with my own family and it is fun.

False
    Oh my gosh, I am so glad that I read this posting, so many are asking about silent ball. Each child sits on top of their desk. push chairs in...... a soft small ball or koosh ball is thrown to a student... the ball must be thrown to go between the childs shoulders and lap.. if a child misses catching the ball he is out and must sit down, if the ball is thrown wild... the thrower must sit down,... if anyone makes any noise (now you see why teachers love this game) they must sit down. The last person still sitting on their desk wins... this game goes pretty quickly as I only gave about 15 seconds to throw it to another person. Students could not throw it to only 1 or 2 people they must keep it going around the room to different people. Head hunters... those that throw to the head are definitely out... everyone is back in the game when you get a winner..... kids love this game and could play forever.. good for about 5 games anyway.... long enough for the teacher to get some peace and quiet....especially on a rainy day schedule! Once kids understand the game it is self run. another reason teachers like this game. Kids of all ages play it and love it...............again sorry for not seeing this and responding earlier... like 6 years ago! LOL
    False

Denise