How many large marshmallows to substitute for marshmallow creme? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How many large marshmallows to substitute for marshmallow creme?

Last post Dec 17, 2013 2:25 PM by PJ69 . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • How many large marshmallows to substitute for marshmallow creme?
    I hope this same question hasn't been asked about 2 pages on down. :)
    My pkg. of marshmallows are 10 oz. and the marshmallow creme is 7 oz., so I think I would be safe to just eyeball 3/4 pkg. of the marshmallows. I'm making fudge and will hope that the exact measurement is not that vital, unless someone knows the exact measurement. In the meantime, I will go to the kitchen and mix up some cookie dough and check back a bit later. Thanks, :)
    False
  • RE: How many large marshmallows to substitute for marshmallow creme?
    I make a fudge recipe from my Wilton Candy book, have been making if for a lot of years now, it calls for 25 large marshmallows. It always turns out great. Hope this helps.
    Debbie
    False

Flo,

I have a marshmallow fudge recipe and it says to use 8oz of marshmallows OR a 13oz jar of marshmallow creme. So...a little over 4oz of marshmallows would be equivalent to a 7oz jar of marshmallow creme. Does that sound about right? I hope this helps...Am so glad I was looking through my candy recipes last night and remembered this recipe when I saw your question. :)

Happy holidays to you!

False
    This is what I copied another board.
    marshmallow creme (7oz JAR) = 2 CUPS mini marshmallows or 20 regular sized marshmallows.
    califstephie
    False
    sprinkles
    Thank you all very much, I appreciate it. Looks like Califstephie seems to have found a pretty specific #, and the rest were ALMOST, so I think around that vicinity would work. I'll let you know the results.:-)

BTW, I just mixed up gaudrey's white chocolate almond cookies and put into the refrigerator to chill while I get into this fudge thing. The cookie dough is simply great, so am sure the cookies will be too. I had in mind to give them to some of my family, but may have second thoughts about doing so. But then on the other hand it might be the wise thing to get them out of the house!

Posted by: gaudrey_GA Replies: 16 Posted on: 5/25/2004 9:20:38 PM
    #T357327
    If you like the white chocolate almond cake icing, you will love these cookies. Just finished working out the recipe today and DH has eaten almost all of them! I did manage to sneak out a few to a couple of friends first. LOL

gaudrey's White chocolate Almond Cookies

1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
    1 cup sugar
    2 eggs
    2 teaspoons almond extract
    2 cups all purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    2 cups white chocolate chips
    2 cups slivered almonds

Set oven to 350°. Cream butter on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar, and cream together with butter until light. Add eggs and almond extract. Beat until well blended. Sift flour and soda together. Add to butter mixture in 3 parts, mixing well after each addition. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop with a cookie scoop onto ungreased cookie sheets, or drop from a tablespoon. Silpat baking sheets also work well for baking. Bake at 350° until very light golden brown, about 12 to 13 minutes. Cool on the pan for 2 or 3 minutes and then remove to racks to cool completely. Store in tightly covered container. Makes about 4 dozen.
    False
    A replay here. I made the fudge, using 20 large marshmallows in place of 7oz. marshmallow creme and it turned out great, thanks to your input. I used Candykisses recipe and it made a lot (will post below). I used 3/4 C. of butter.

Also the cookies are wonderful. I encourage everyone to give that recipe a try if you haven't.

Posted by: candykisses_Oklahoma Replies: 4 Posted on: 10/9/2004 2:59:50 PM
    #T422408
    Jim & I have both been hungry for million dollar fudge, so while the football games are going, I'm making a batch. My favorite way is without pecans. Then I can let the chocolate just slowly melt in my mouth. YUM.

Also, I've had several people who told me they have never been able to make fudge. Then they try this recipe and they have great success. I've been making it for over 30 years.

MILLION DOLLAR FUDGE

Effort: average
    Comments: This makes a nice rich fudge. My mom made this every year.

Ingredients:
    1 (12 0z.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
    8 oz. Hershey chocolate bar
    13 oz. evaporated milk
    7 oz. marshmallow creme
    4 cup sugar
    1 tablespoon butter
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 cup chopped pecans

Instructions:
    Combine chocolate chips & Hershey bar in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
    Combine evaporated milk, marshmallow cream, sugar, & butter in 4 qt. saucepan.
    Cook over med. heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full rolling boil; boil & stir 8 min.
    Remove from heat.
    Add to chocolate in mixing bowl, beating until completely melted.
    Blend in vanilla & pecans.
    Pour mixture in buttered cake pan (13x9”).
    Let sit.

False

Thanks c

alifstephie. I have a recipe for Peanut Butter fudge using 16 large marshmallows and 1 cup     peanut butter. It always turns out perfect. I never thought of using them in Fantastic Chocolate fudge instead of crème. I'll sure try it now, so much easier , not as messy.

Thank you so very, very much.(2013 December)  :-)

False

Phyllis J