Substitute or Recipe for Almond Bark?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Substitute or Recipe for Almond Bark??

Last post Mar 14, 2013 3:37 PM by OmaLea . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Substitute or Recipe for Almond Bark??
    I have a friend who needs the white almond bark for a recipe and is having a hard time locating it. Anyone know of any substitutes or have a homemade almond bark recipe? (This one doesn't have almond pieces in it and is used for making candy.)

Thanks for your help!
    Stephanie
    False
  • RE: Substitute or Recipe for Almond Bark??
    Almond bark is white baking chocolate, also known as candy coating, comes in bars & as white baking chips. It's with the baking supplies. WalMart & many chain drug stores carry almond bark during the holidays. Cali
    False
    Are you looking for the white chocolate? We have a bulk food store in our area that sells the wafers of white chocolate.
    False
    Difference between 'white chocolate' is that it must by law contain cocoa butter. almond bark doesn't. C
    False
    I know what almond bark is, but she's having a hard time finding it at the stores where she lives. I'm looking for an appropriate substitute or a recipe to make your own almond bark.

False
    I don't believe it's possible to make your own almond bark since the ingredients are not available to the retail public. Cali
    False
    Stephanie....what is your friend trying to make? Maybe there is something that might substitute, depending on her recipe? Cali
    False
    I found this on the internet at:

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/candyconf/candyconf1.html

Hope this helps, Boe

Almond Bark
    1 pound white chocolate
    1 tablespoon butter
    1 teaspoon almond extract
    1 cup whole, unblanched almonds, toasted

Melt white chocolate and butter together over hot water in a double boiler. Blend in almond extract. Stir in almonds. Have ready a 12 x 9-inch cookie sheet covered with foil and buttered well. Spread mixture thin on cookie sheet. Break into pieces when cool.

False
  • Re: Substitute or Recipe for Almond Bark??

Here is a recipe that I believe will work. (I'm going to be trying it to replace Almond Bark in a fudge recipe)

I found this recipe for dipping chocolates in "The International Chocolate Cookbook" 

Author  - Nancy Baggett

8 oz. Chocolate chips (dark or white)

3 1/2 Tbs. oil or shortening like Crisco that has no WATER.  Please be sure to read the label.

Directions:

Melt and blend oil and chips.

It will be necessary to measure your finished liquid to get the right amount for the recipe.  The leftovers could be saved just like almond bark in a cool dry environment.

Good Luck!

Oma Lea

False
  • Re: Substitute or Recipe for Almond Bark??

Excitement!

Just worked out the recipe for substitute almond bark.

Use:

1 lb. (16 oz.)  White or dark chocolate chips

7 Tbs. Shortening

Melt and blend.

I used this in a 2 ingredient fudge and it came out perfect.  I hope this helps others that want to use almond bark when it is out of season.

Do be cautious using flavoring.  Add it only at the end so the liquid in it doesn't seize the chocolate.

Happy Candy Making

Oma Lea

False