ISO Lady Lock recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO Lady Lock recipe

Last post Sep 05, 2013 10:50 AM by jennycrocker . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • ISO Lady Lock recipe
    Does any one have a recipe for Lady
    Locks or Clothespin cookies? It is a
    light flakey dough, cut in strips and
    rolled on baking tubes or wooden clothes pin. They are filled with a cream filling. I have misplaced my recipe.
    False
  • RE: ISO Lady Lock recipe
    Here's one cookieshack, just type in ladylock in the search and more will come up:

Posted by: nlf_PA Posted on: 5/21/2004 9:19:20 PM
    #R3695746
    This recipe is so easy to make and they taste exactly like the ladylock cookies you make on clothespins. I am making these for my niece's wedding reception. They are absolutely delicious! If you make them this way, you will never go back to the clothespin way of making them again, much quicker and they taste the same!
    Nancy

Subject: Ladylock Squares
    Posted by: ZeeRN_PA Replies: 6 Posted on: 11/8/2002 7:30:12 AM
    #T102600
    This is an awesome, easy recipe to make for Holiday cookies!

LADYLOCK SQUARES

Pastry:

1 box Pepperidge Farm puff pastry sheets

Filling:

1 cup sugar
    ½ cup Crisco
    ½ cup butter
    ½ cup milk
    3 TBL flour
    1 TBL vanilla
    1 tsp. lemon juice
    Powdered sugar

Pastry: Thaw pastry sheets according to package directions. Cut sheets into 1 to 2-inch squares (depending on how big you want your cookies to be—I usually go with about 1-inch). Place on ungreased baking sheet 1 inch apart and bake at 350F until light brown (approximately 10 to 12 minutes). Cool on paper towels. (They will puff up quite high.)

Filling: Beat filling ingredients at high speed until fluffy. Cut off the top (about one-half way) of each baked puff pastry square, apply filling and place top back on. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

These are soooo good; I can never take them anywhere because they never make it out of the house!

False
    Hi.....if you go to search and put in Lady Lock, several post will come up. There is also a post for Lady Lock Squares that looks great and is much easier than the regular Lady Locks. Hope this helps.

Barb
    False
    This recipe came with the molds. I have made it many many many times. You can also tint the filling with a dab of gel (not liquid) food coloring.

Ladylocks

3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup cold water
    2 egg yolks
    2 cups shortening (or margarine), chilled but not hard
    Filling:
    1/2 cup shortening
    1/2 cup margarine
    1 cup sugar
    1 egg white
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    1/2 cup hot milk

Combine first 4 ingredients until a ball forms. Put on floured plate; cover with wax paper and chill 1hour. Roll to a rectangle. Spread 1/2 cup shortening down center. Fold up envelope fashion so all edges meet exactly; press slightly to seal in air. Chill 1 hour. Repeat 3 more times, chilling 1 hour each time. Put on floured plate; cover with wax paper and chill overnight. Roll one-third of dough 1/8-inch thick; cut in strips 1-inch wide and 3- to 4-inches long. Wind around form, overlapping slightly. Bake at 350' for 12 minutes. Cool. Slip off form. For filling, cream shortening and margarine; add sugar and beat well. Add egg white and vanilla; beat. Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time; beat until creamy. Fill pastry with cookie press or tube.
    False
    Another...

Clothespin Cookies

3 1/4 cups sifted flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 tablespoons sugar
    2 cups shortening
    1 1/4 cups warm water
    2 egg yolks
    Chocolate/Marshmallow Filling:
    1/4 cup flour
    1 cup milk
    1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup confectioners sugar
    1/2 cup marshmallow creme
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 to 4 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled

Blend together flour, salt, sugar and 1/2 cup shortening as for pie crust. Stir in warm water. Then add egg yolks and mix well. Cover bowl and chill 1 hour. Remove dough from refrigerator and roll in rectangle 1/4-in. thick. Spread with 1/2 cup shortening. Fold one half of dough (greased top) over on other half; refrigerate another hour. Repeat this process two more times, each time spreading 1/2 cup shortening on dough. Roll a fourth of dough at a time, leaving remaining dough in refrigerator until ready to work with it. Cut in strips 1-in. wide, 4-in. long. Wind each strip loosely around a clean wooden clothespin.

Continued...
    False
    Clothespin Cookies (Continued)

Lay in ungreased 15-1/2-in. x 10-1/2-in. jelly roll pan. Bake in hot oven (425') 10 to 12 minutes. Place clothespins with cookies on cooling racks. In 2 or 3 minutes, gently twist pins and slip off cookies. (They are crisp and break easily so work carefully.) When cool, fill with Chocolate/Marshmallow Filling. To fill, cut a small hole in corner of small plastic bag. Partly fill with Chocolate/Marshmallow Filling, leaving remaining filling in refrigerator until needed. Squeeze out filling, first into one end of cookie and then into other end to fill completely. Store filled cookies in refrigerator until serving time.

Chocolate/Marshmallow Filling:Mix flour with a little milk to make a smooth paste; add remaining milk and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Set aside to cool. Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, using electric mixer on high speed. Add thickened flour-milk mixture and beat well. Then beat in the marshmallow creme and vanilla. Stir in chocolate. Cover and chill before using. (Makes 2 cups)

Yield: 9 dozen

Notes: Cookies may be refrigerated a few days and then filled. Or freeze cookies and fill them when needed.

Source: Homemade Cookies
    Copyright: 1971 Farm Journal, Inc.
    False
    I made the Ladylock Squares last week and they were great and so much easier then rolling them around a clothespin.
    False
    Thank you all! I have used search on so many sites but did not try this one! I am from Monessen, Pa 30 miles
    S of Pittsburgh. Yes, the Cookie Tables are a tradition,I was not use
    to before moving to PA several years
    ago. I am doing a wedding for this July, so my Christmas baking is my test season. Will diffently try the
    bar cookie, Thanks Nancy. Diane
    False
    Welcome to the Board! We have lots of fun here.

Lisa
    False
    Diane,
    If you would like to look at the cookie recipes I made for my niece's wedding reception, I will be happy to bump it up for you.
    Just let me know.
    BTW, YW!!
    Nancy
    False
    TY Nancy, that would be great.
    Are you in PA also?
    False
    False
    I want to make them too! The puff pastry would make them easy, the clothespins fancy. I wish I had a bunch, here in Minnesota you cannot find the old fashioned round one, just the pinch kind.

Welcome to the board! You're gonna love this place, so many friendly and helpful people! It doesn't matter if you need a recipe or someone to talk to, or just a hug...you'll find it here......
    Piggykins
    False

"Have a piggy perfect day!"

NANCY, I AM PREPARING COOKIES FOR MY NIECE'S WEDDING IN A FEW WEEKS.  WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHEN YOU SAY BUMP IT UP TO YOU????  I WOULD LOVE TO SEE WHAT KIND OF COOKIES YOU MADE.  DO YOU ALSO HAVE THE RECIPES?  COULD YOU PLEASE "BUMP IT UP TO ME ALSO?" 

MARY ANN

False

I was wondering my Mom always made these cookies for weddings. She even made them for mine (because they are my favorite) but I didn't get any. They went really fast. But when she made them they were melt in your mouth perfection. Is this recipe melt in you mouth perfection. The reason I'm asking is she now can't find the recipe. 

Thanks. 

False