Frenchy's She Crab Soup | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Frenchy's She Crab Soup

Last post Jan 05, 2009 3:16 PM by evafaulkner . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Frenchy's She Crab Soup
    Does anyone have THE Frenchy's Rockaway Grill She Crab Soup recipe from Frenchy's in Clearwater Beach, Florida?
    False
  • RE: Frenchy's She Crab Soup
    False

Hi. Suzycreamcheese responded with what I hope is a recipe, but it didn't come through. Could you please resubmit? Thanks
    False
    I have two recipes for She Crab Soup.

This one is from "Maryland Seafood Cookbook II"

Cream of Crab Soup

1 pound backfin crab meat
    1/2 cup butter or margarine
    1/3 cup flour
    1 cup chicken broth
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    5 cups milk
    salt to taste

Remove cartilage from crab meat. Melt butter in 3 quart pan. Blend in flour and stir until smooth. Slowly stir in chicken broth and pepper and simmer for 2 mins. Add milk and cook slowly, stirring constantly until thickened. DO NOT BOIL. Add crab meat to milk mixture and salt. Makes about 10 cups

Note: The milk can include a mixture of half and half, whipping cream, skim or regular milk, depending on how rich you want to make the soup.
    False
    She Crab Soup

The Smithfield Inn Bed & Breakfast, Restaurant & Tavern
    Smithfield, Virginia

4 oz. butter
    4 Tablespoons flour
    32 oz half and half
    8 oz. milk
    1 lb. lump crabmeat
    2 oz she crab roe (if available)
    1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce, or more if desired
    Dash hot pepper sauce
    1/4 teaspoon mace
    1-1/2 teaspoon salt
    4 oz dry sherry

In heavy saucepan, cook butter and flour over med heat for 5 mins. Add half & half and milk. Turn heat to low and cook until mixture simmers and thickens. dd crabmeat and roe, Worcestershire, hot pepper sauce, mace and salt. Cook over low heat for 5 mins more. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. To serve put 1/2 oz sherry in each bowl. Ladle soup on top. Garnish with parsley and/or whipped cream if desired.

8 servings
    False
  • Re: Frenchy's She Crab Soup

Did you ever get an authentic Frenchy's She Crab Soup recipe? I love this place and especially the soup. Please let me know if you have any good recipes.
    False