REC Review: Sara Lee Chocolate Brownies with Frosting | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

REC Review: Sara Lee Chocolate Brownies with Frosting

Last post Sep 10, 2006 7:52 PM by Redraspberrygirl . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • REC Review: Sara Lee Chocolate Brownies with Frosting
    I coldn't remember where I got this recipe so I did a search. Should of known---it Starshineeliz's rcipe. LOL! It is really good and I'm not even a chocolate lover. I'm sure I'll make brownie points (no pun intended) with my dh when he tries these. Thanks Star for another great recipe.

Sara Lee Chocolate Brownies with Frosting

1 stick margarine
    1 cup water
    1/4 cup cocoa
    1/2 cup oil
    2 lg eggs
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 cups flour
    2 cups sugar
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 cup buttermilk
    1 tsp baking soda

Combine 1st 4 ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour over combined flour,sugar, and salt. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. P:our into 13 x 9 inch pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. (I think I baked them at 350 for 30 min or so when I cooked them but it's been awhile)

Frosting:

1 stick margarine
    1/4 cup cocoa
    1/3 cup buttermilk
    1 lb box powdered sugar
    1 tsp vanilla

Combine 1st 3 ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Pour over warm brownies and chill well.

May use a bowed brownie mix and frost as above.

False
  • RE: REC Review: Sara Lee Chocolate Brownies with Frosting
    bump for Star.
    False
    yummy! thanks,
    Jodi
    False
    You're welcome.

debbie
    False
    No i'm not too young. I think I'm about your age but I guess we never got them as treats. Money was tight in my family so we didn't get to splurge. But thanks for sharing. My DS just ate one for breakfast.

Debbie
    False
    are these more fudgy or cakelike? these sound great. thanks for the review!!

-angel
    False
    They are cakelike but good. The frosting tastes like fudge.

Debbie
    False
    Have you ever had one of the brownie's at Chick-fil-A? A clerk once told me they were either Sara Lee or Pepperidge Farm. I was shocked. I thought they were a 'special secret recipe'. Ha!
    False
    They have brownies in the WalMart bakery that are made by SaraLee. They come in an 8in square aluminum pan with a plastic cover. They're $1.98. They have choc. baked in them and no frosting. They do come right out of a Sara Lee box... though it has a WM label! REALLY good for the price.

When I'm in the baking mood again, I will try these. SaraLee brownies in the freezer case were my absolute favorite!

Thank you!
    Cherie
    False
    bump
    False