Kings Hawaiian Rolls | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Kings Hawaiian Rolls

Last post Feb 08, 2005 10:48 AM by purpledolphin_MN . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Kings Hawaiian Rolls
    I just bought some of these at the store. I have always seen them, but never tried them, didn't think they could be all that good like it says. But, WOW, they are really good. Very sweet. I am wondering if anyone would have a copy cat recipe. I would like to make them at home, and maybe switch to wheat flour. Thanks for your help!!!
    False
  • RE: Kings Hawaiian Rolls
    Have never made them....but we LOVE these rolls.
    False
    We also love these rolls. I'd like a recipe for them too, if you or anyone ever comes across one.
    False
    There is a copy cat posted on here; let me see if I can find it! I can never find this in my store, so I should try the copy cat!

Amy
    False

I just pulled this out of the search.

Subject: Rec: Kings Hawaiian Bread (by hand)
    Posted by: FootsieBear Replies: 1 Posted on: 9/29/2001 3:21:18 PM
    #T4840
    KINGS HAWAIIAN BREAD
    source: www.recipegoldmine.com
    6 C. flour, divided
    3 eggs
    1 C. pineapple juice
    1 C. water
    3/4 C. granulated sugar
    1/2 tsp. ginger
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    2 pkg. yeast
    1 stick butter or margarine
    1/2 C. flour

Beat eggs; add pineapple juice, water, sugar, ginger, vanilla extract and melted butter or margarine. Put 3 cups of the flour in large mixing bowl. Add egg mixture and stir until well mixed. Sprinkle in yeast, 1 package at a time, mixing well. Gradually add remaining 3 cups of flour. Batter will be hard to mix with spoon. You may have to use your hands. Make sure it is mixed well. Leave batter in bowl and cover with cloth and place in warm place. Let rise for 1 hour.

Remove from bowl and knead in the 1/2 cup flour. Knead about 10 times. Divide into 3 equal parts and place in well-greased round cake pans. Cover and place in warm place and let rise again, for l hour.

Bake at 350ºF for 25 to 30 minutes.

False
    I think I found the same on in the search as CQ, so give that one a try!

Amy
    False

You guys are sooooo AWESOME!!! Thanks so much!! Do you think it would work to use the wheat flour???
    False
    I wouldn't use all wheat, but I think you could use a cup or two without much problem.
    False
    Again, I'm going to echo CQ :) I would go up to half the flour ww, not all of it.

Amy
    False

That sounds good. I will try that. Thanks, again!!!
    False