???? How much Cool Whip would equal 1 cup whipping cream, whipped? Please help. | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

???? How much Cool Whip would equal 1 cup whipping cream, whipped? Please help.

Last post Feb 13, 2005 10:34 AM by gaudrey_GA . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • ???? How much Cool Whip would equal 1 cup whipping cream, whipped? Please help.
    Could Cool Whip be substituted for the whipped cream? If so, would you use the 8 ounce or the 12 ounce?

Subject: ATTN: Blueribbon - Strawberry Velvet Cream
    Posted by: mojazz Replies: 3 Posted on: 4/1/2004 10:01:12 PM
    #T330221

Found this in an old Betty Crocker Cookbook - knew I would have the recipe because we were new brides about the same time (60's).

Strawberry or Raspberry Velvet Cream

1 pkg. (3 oz.)strawberry or raspberry flavored gelatin
    1 cup whipping cream, whipped
    1 pkg. (10 oz) frozen strawberries or raspberries, thawed and drained (save juice)

Dissolve gelatin as directed on pkg., using 1 cup boilding water and strawberry juice with cold water to make 1 cup. chill until almost firm. Beat gelatin until foamy. Fold together whipped gelatin, whipped cream and drained berries. Spoon into 1-qt mold or 6 to 8 individual molds. Chill until firm. Unmold. Garnish with fresh unhulled strawberries or other fruits. Top with whipped cream or Soft Custard, if desired. 6 to 8 servings.

False

• RE: ???? How much Cool Whip would equal 1 cup whipping cream, whipped? Please help.
    I would use the 8 oz., the 12 oz. coolwhip would be too much to equal 1 cup of whipped whipping cream.
    False
  • RE: ???? How much Cool Whip would equal 1 cup whipping cream, whipped? Please help.
    Sorry, it's me again. I make a gelatin salad similar to this and I use about 1 1/2 cups of coolwhip.
    False
    Thanks for your help. :)
    False

Sometime you should make it with the real whipped cream. I make that recipe with raspberries and RB jello. It is heavenly with the whipped cream.
    False
    Bump
    False

"Disabled And Proud!" Both me and my only child are SSA Registered-Certified Disabled PWDs. I was born in the state of California, in the county of Santa Clara, in the city of San José. ***In every woman there is a Queen. Speak to the Queen and the Queen will answer. - Norwegian Proverb***

I make a jello recipe that is almost the same. I just add 8 oz. and if it looks like it needs more I add more. I think cool whip holds together better than regular whipping cream. It does not seperate as easily.
    False
    Whipping cream doubles when whipped, so you would need about 2 c. cool whip.
    False
    I haven't bought Cool Whip in years. I always whip my own for any recipe that calls for Cool Whip. I whip the cream and if the recipe calls for 8 oz of CoolWhip then I use 1 cup of whipped cream. Does CoolWhip have anything real in it but sugar?
    False
    When I make this type of dessert, I use the extra creamy cool whip and it only requires the 8 oz tub of Cool Whip. I also use it with sugar free jello and the fresh strawberries.
    False
    One cup of whipping cream doubles in volume when whipped, so 2 cups of Cool Whip would be the right amount.
    False