What do you serve with Stuffed Peppers? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What do you serve with Stuffed Peppers?

Last post Feb 16, 2005 11:18 AM by nickel76nicky . 26 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 12
  • What do you serve with Stuffed Peppers?
    My brother is coming from out of town tomorrow and he requested Stuffed Peppers. The usual recipe with ground beef and rice. Nothing fancy. What would you serve as a side dish with them?
    Thanks for any help,
    Marge
    False
  • RE: What do you serve with Stuffed Peppers?
    applesauce, pickles, and green beans plus a dessert.Oh! And butter rolls.
    False
    we always have mashed potatoes and a vegetable, and buns.
    False
    I almost always serve a light coldslaw or nice toss salas. I like the heat from the main meal and the refreshing taste of the cold food.
    I also make mine with ground turkey mixed in with the ground beef.
    I also serve corn bread with it.
    Love Lorraine
    False
    Love Lorraine
    I don't like stuffed peppers and don't make them myself, but the hospital where I work at makes them in the cafeteria and serves them with mashed potatoes and stewed tomatoes. My co-workers say they are very good.
    Kelly
    False

I thought it was maditory that one had to serve mashed potatoes with stuffed peppers - so that you could put the sauce over the potatoes.

I try to serve a vegitable that is anything but dark green (peas, grn beans) they get lost in all that red and green
    False
    When I make them, they have a mexican flavor. I serve them with spanish rice and a salad or fresh fruit.

Cherie in GA
    False
    DH has to have a baked potato with stuffed peppers.
    False

"Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book." ~Author Unknown

Definitely mashed potatoes to spoon some of the sauce over and corn on the cob!

Patti
    False

photo patti3.gif

We just had these, and I served a Greek tossed salad and oven-crisped, delicious semolina Italian bread is a must!
    Rosemary
    False
    Margem Missouri

Why do you need anything else? You have your veggies, starch (rice) and meat.. just add a crunch French or Italian bread and soak up the sauce. Ok perhaps a dessert would be nice..Bellyup. What kind of stuffed peppers do you make? Bellyup..
    False
    bump, bump please
    False
    I like to put the new baby red potatoes in the pan along with the peppers, and then the sauce and pepper flavor penatrates the potaotes and is so good, with some of the sauce spooned over it. A good crusty bread and a green salad make a fine meal and maybe a nice cool refrigerator type dessert. (Can I come too)
    False
    scalloped or au gratin potatoes, salad and rolls or bread and a light dessert
    False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

We always eat them with bread,but the mashed potatoes sound good.I have to try this.

Margem,where do you live in Missouri?
    False