Bundt Cake Recipes! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Bundt Cake Recipes!

Last post Mar 20, 2010 5:55 PM by Aveena . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Bundt Cake Recipes!
    I want to make a cake in a new bundt cake pan, but I'm not sure what recipe to use? Any suggestions? I'd love to try a new recipe! Thanks!
    -Audrey-
    False
  • RE: Bundt Cake Recipes!
    This was posted by rosiewny a while back and it's one of my favorites from when I was a kid:

Posted by: rosiewny

Macaroon Bundt Cake
    1 egg white (save yolk for cake batter)
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 Tbsp. flour
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1 cup coconut

2 cups flour
    1-3/4 cups sugar
    1/2 cup cocoa powder
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. baking soda
    2 tsp. vanilla
    3 eggs
    1 egg yolk (saved from filling)
    3/4 cup water
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    1/2 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10" bundt pan (nonstick too) and set aside.

In small bowl, beat egg white until foamy. Gradually beat in 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold in coconut, 1 Tbsp. flour, and 1 tsp. vanilla. Set aside.

In large bowl, place 2 cups flour, 1-3/4 cups sugar, cocoa, salt, baking soda, 2 tsp. vanilla, 3 eggs, 1 egg yolk, water, butter, and sour cream. With same beaters, mix batter on low until combined, then beat on medium high for 3 minutes.

Pour half of cake batter into prepared pan. Drop coconut mixture by teaspoons in the center of the batter, keeping the filling away from the edges of the pan. Cover filling with remaining cake batter.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes until cake is set, edges start pulling away from pan, and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then loosen edges and invert cake onto serving plate. Cool completely. Frost with Chocolate Glaze.

Chocolate Glaze

3 Tbsp. butter
    3 cups powdered sugar
    2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
    3-4 Tbsp. milk
    1 tsp. vanilla

In medium saucepan, melt butter. Add remaining ingredients, remove from heat, and beat with wire whisk until blended and creamy. Add more milk or powdered sugar, as needed, to reach desired spreading consistency. Frost cake. Store covered at room temperature. 12 servings

Source: Pillsbury Bake-Off
    False
    This was given to me bya riend at work and is quite yummy.

CHERRY CHOCOLATE CAKE

1 chocolate cake mix
    1 can cherry pie filling (540ml)
    4 eggs beaten (by hand)
    1 1/4 tsp. almond extract
    2 Tbsp Amaretto Liqueur (optional)

CHOCOLATE GLAZE

2 Semi-Sweet Chocolate Squares2 2 Tbsp. Butter

Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl. Stir by hand until thouroughly combined, about 2 mins. Butter a Bundt pan and spread the batter evenly in the pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes. If the cake is not done bake another five minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from the pan.

Melt 2 squares of semi-sweet chocolate with 2 tbsp. butter over low heat.

Drizzle Chocolate Glaze over the top of the cake.

ENJOY!!

False
    Oh, those both look good! :) Thank you very much!
    -Audrey-
    False
    Have you tried this one?

This is the best tasting, gooiest, moistest chocolate cake I've ever had!!!

NEVER-ENDING CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE

1 (18.25 oz) devil's food cake mix (mine was DH Moist Deluxe Dk. Choc. Fudge 17.53 oz)
    1 (3.9 oz.) pkg. dark fudge instant pudding mix (I didn't look at the ounces, it was the small one!)
    1 1/4 cups buttermilk (I used 2% milk with lemon juice)
    1/2 cup vegetable oil
    1/2 cup chocolate syrup
    4 eggs
    1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Preheat over to 325 degrees. In large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, milk, oil, syrup, and eggs. Beat on low speed to blend, then beat on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes. Gently stir in chocolate chips and pour batter into greased and floured 12-cup capacity Bundt cake pan.

Bake for 55 minute to 1 hour (mine was about 58 minutes) or until cake tester comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto cooling rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar for garnish or drizzle with Chocolate Glaze. (I used Chocolate Glaze)

To make it look extra special, drizzle over white over the dark chocolate glaze. It adds a lot of pizzazz for a professional-looking touch. (I didn't use the white glaze)

Chocolate Glaze

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
    2/3 cup evaporated milk (the teeny can)

Combine chocolate and milk in small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until blended and mixture comes to a boil. Lower heat and cook, stirring constantly until thickened. (This makes A LOT OF GLAZE!!!)

WHITE CHOCOLATE DRIZZLING GLAZE

1/4 cup white chocolate baking chips, melted

***For a quick and easy way to drizzle the glaze, put the melted chocolate in a plastic bag (like a sandwich bag) and snip off a corner. Then squeeze the bag gently to drizzle the chocolate. (This works great!)
    False

I was just looking at this one. Don't remember who posted.
    -------- ------------ ----------------Kahlua Cake
    1 package yellow cake mix
    1 3oz instant vanilla pudding
    4 eggs
    1 cup sour cream
    1 cup vegetable oil
    1 cup chopped pecans
    1 cup brown sugar
    3/4 cup kahlua

In small bowl combine pecan, brown sugar and kalhua. Let sit until needed. In large bowl combine yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding and add in one egg at a time, mixing well. Then add sour cream and oil. Beat for several minutes on medium speed, then add your pecan mixture. Pour into a very, very well greased bundt pan. Bake bundt at 350 for 45-60 minutes or toothpick tests done. Can freeze, stays very moist.
    False
    By all means, try the Never Ending Chocolate cake posted by Susie!! YUMMY!!

My DS made it this year for the 4-H fair and got a class champion on it. It was absolutely incredible!!

Linda
    False
    Linda
    Linda,

I didn't know that! How cool is that?

~~susie.
    False

• Re: RE: Bundt Cake Recipes!

False
  • Re: RE: Bundt Cake Recipes!

I actually just posted two recipes in the ISO Bundt cake recipes thread if you want to check them out! I did sour cream coffee cake and monkey bread!

False