How long do you boil boneless chicken breasts for? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How long do you boil boneless chicken breasts for?

Last post Feb 20, 2005 5:48 PM by Chowlady . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • How long do you boil boneless chicken breasts for?
    I have a recipe that calls for boiling the chicken first. How long do you do it for and is it just in a pot of water? Can you do it while still a bit frozen??

TIA
    False
    ***It doesn't matter how hot a guy is because there is some poor woman, somewhere, sick of his crap!!***
  • RE: How long do you boil boneless chicken breasts for?
    I don't boil mine. I bake them in a 300° oven for about an hour.

Debbie
    False
    I just keep cutting into them until they're no longer pink - probably 15 to 20 minutes or so. You could start frozen, it would just take longer.
    False
    Does it make them dry?
    False
    ***It doesn't matter how hot a guy is because there is some poor woman, somewhere, sick of his crap!!***
    I cook my chicken in chicken broth, with some onions, celery, and garlic,or whatever I have on hand. I also add salt, pepper. Once it comes to a boil, I then simmer for about a 1/2 hour. This depends on how much chicken I am cooking. When I think it is done, I take a piece of chicken out and cut through the thickest part to see if it is cooked through. When the chicken is done I remove it from the pot. Cool, and shred or dice. I then put the broth in the frig, overnight. The next day I skim off the fat, and freeze the broth to use for other recipes.
    I hope I helped you. Gail
    False
    Yes, you did. Thank you very much. :)
    False