Betty Crocker Bake n Fill Cake Pan Recipes | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Betty Crocker Bake n Fill Cake Pan Recipes

Last post Jan 18, 2011 2:33 PM by The Sinfonian Chef . 39 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (40 items) 123
  • Betty Crocker Bake n Fill Cake Pan Recipes
    I have seen where several on the BB have been purchasing the Betty Crocker Bake n Fill Pans. The recipes that came with the pans aren't all that great. Let's start a thread of recipes that we have made using these pans. I haven't gotten to try my pans yet.

KY Kate
    False
  • RE: Betty Crocker Bake n Fill Cake Pan Recipes
    Posted by: September_Sue Posted on: 2/14/2005 6:15:04 AM
    #R5214580
    The cake was a combo of several recipes I picked up here on the bbs. I have named it the "Bless Me Father For I Have Sinned Cake". Yep, it was THAT sinful!!!

Dome part of cake: Chocolate cake from anica's Chocolate Strawberry Cake. Wonderful moist cake

Filling: Star's Cappucino Cream Mousse. I made this the night before but it didn't really set. It just poured out of cake when we cut into it. Loved it though.

Then I used a layer of sliced fresh strawberries, followed by a thin layer of frosting.

Base Layer: Here we need a second cake mix but I didn't have any so I used a Brownie Mix!!! What a wonderful combo!!!

Frosting: Chocolate sour cream to die for. Also from anica.

Topped the cake with chocolate dipped strawberries. Here was a last minute decision to try Ashleigh's recipe was reappeared on the bb yesterday. Although the taste is absolutely wonderful (my son's girlfriend ate 7 additional strawberries), the chocolate remains sticky this morning.

This was a last minute decision. I didn't even start the cake until 2:30pm. I refrigerated it until serving time but it wasn't enough time. When I cut into cake, the cake itself crumbled (just a little) into the mousse. So it didn't turn out as pretty on the inside as some promotional pictures show.

There you have it! And, yes, I did take pictures. Just have to figure out how to get them on this bb.

Sue

False
    bump so I can reply tomorrow.
    False
    Here's one I will try for sure. It's my own version of a Death by Chocolate cake. I've posted this in the past but can easily convert into a Bake n Fill pan.

Death by Chocolate Cake

Start by making a CHOCOLATE MAYONNAISE CAKE

1 1/2 c sugar
    1 1/2 c mayonnaise
    6 Tbsp cocoa
    dash salt
    1 1/2 c water
    3 c flour
    1 1/2 tsp vanilla
    3 tsp baking soda

Mix sugar, mayo, cocoa and salt. Add water and vanilla slowly or it will splash all over the kitchen. Then gradually add flour mixed with baking soda. Bake 350º for 25 mins or until done. Cool completely.

Meanwhile, make your favorite mousse recipe, either from scratch or from a box. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 mins.

Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting

1 1/2 c whipping cream
    1 1/4 c conf sugar
    1/3 c baking cocoa
    1/2 tsp vanilla

Beat in a large chilled bowl on high until soft peaks form.

Baking steps:

Lightly grease tall pan, the base pan & the insert pan including rim with shortening. DO NOT USE COOKING SPRAY.

Pour 2/3 of batter in the tall pan to fill line. Pour remaining into base pan to about 1/2 full. If any batter remains, make a few cupcakes.

Bake tall pan 50-60 mins, the base pan about 25-28 mins at 350º.

Cool base pan 5 mins in pan before removing from pan. Cool tall cake 20 mins in pan with insert in place. Remove insert pan but keep cake in tall pan. Refrigerate to cool.

to be continued...
    False
    continued from above:

Meanwhile, make your favorite mousse recipe, either from scratch or from a box. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 mins.

Once cake is completely cooled ( but still in pan) seal the cavity with a thin layer of frosting. Add mousse. Frost base of cake.

Place base cake over filled tall cake (it's still upside down at this point). Place a serving plate upside down over the cake and carefuly invert entire cake on to plate.

Frost cake. Refrigerate till ready to serve and any leftovers.
    False
    Here's one I'm planning on making this weekend as we will have out-of-town company.

Amaretto Cake

1 box white or yellow cake mix
    1 c amaretto coffee creamer
    1 c amaretto liqueur
    3 eggs
    1/3 c oil

Mix together as usual. Pour 2/3 of batter into tall pan to fill line and 1/3 into base pan half full. Bake base part 325º for 15-20 mins and tall pan 40-45 mins. Watch very closely; do not overbake or cake will be dry. Cool base pan for 5 mins, the tall pan with insert still in place for 20 mins. Remove insert and cool tall cake in refrigerator.

Frosting/Filling:

1 pint whipping cream whipped until peaks form
    1 large pkg vanilla instant pudding
    1/4 c amaretto liqueur
    1 c amaretto coffee creamer (1 1/4 c if you do not use the liqueur)
    4 Score or Heath candy bars, crushed
    2 Hershey candy bar, plain, melted for garnish and to line cavity
    1/2 c sliced almonds

Mix pudding with creamer and amaretto liqueur. Let set for a few mins. Blend whipped cream with pudding mix. Add crumbled Score candy bars. (You may want to set some aside to sprinkle over completed cake).

Frost cavity with a thin layer of melted chocolate just to seal. Divide filling into 3rds; use about 2/3 to fill cavity and base pan.

Place base cake over filled tall cake (it's still upside down at this point). Place a serving plate upside down over the cake and carefuly invert entire cake on to plate.

Frost top of cake, but not sides. Drizzle remaining melted chocolate over cake and down sides. Sprinkle with almonds and additional crushed Heath bar if you want.

Refrigerate till ready to serve and any leftovers.
    False
    I know both the recipes above are lengthy, but they are not difficult to make. I've made them both many times the traditional way as 3-layer cakes. Both are very special cakes for special occasions.

Sue
    False
    Sue, thanks for posting. Let's try to keep this bumped. I know there are a lot of good ideas out there. I was on the Betty Crocker site last night and went through everyone of the cake recipes, and there were none for this pan. I did find 4 recipes that are made in a Bundt Tunnel pan. If you do a search on their recipe page for "tunnel bundt," the four recipes will come up in the search results.

KY Kate

False
    where do you find these pans? Walmart?
    False
    So far all I have seen are fluffy type fillings. I am wondering if it were filled with a firmer chewy type filling, would it slice and serve better. Save the fluffy stuffy to frost it with, But what can we make that is firm and chewy. Be thinking on this idea and keep me posted.
    False
    I would like to order these pans, they look interesting. If I could collect some fun recipes, I might actually order. So I too would appreciate any recipes anyone would like to share...Jo
    False
    I think you could probably bake a brownie mix where the fluffy stuff/ice cream/jello would go and use some kind of chocolate ceke mix for the rest. Wouldn't that be a real "killer."

Guess we all need to put on our "thinking caps."

I haven't seen the pans at Wal-Mart yet. You can order them online at a number of places. Do an internet search on "Bake 'n fill pan."

KY Kate
    False
    Stop for a moment and imagine this: One giant Chocolate truffle. OK somebody smarter that me come up with a recipe
    False
    I keep thinking about Strawberry cake and something wonderful in the center. I thought cream cheese mixed with fresh strawberries would be good. Maybe even add a little cool whip or pudding to it.

KY Kate
    False
    My grandmother had talked about making a carrot cake and filling it with a mixture of cream cheese, nuts and raisins. I thought it sounded pretty good.
    False