REC: Egg Custard Pie | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

REC: Egg Custard Pie

Last post Dec 12, 2008 7:40 AM by sstetzel . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • REC: Egg Custard Pie
    Egg Custard Pie

4 eggs, room temp
    1/2 c. sugar
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/2 tsp almond extract
    2 1/2 c. milk, scalded
    1 pie crust , uncooked
    ground nutmeg, optional

Blend eggs, sugar, salt and extracts. Slowly pour hot milk into egg mixture, stirring constantly. Pour about 3/4 of custard mixture into pastry-lined pie dish to avoid custard spilling over edge while transferring pie to the oven, then pour remaining filling into dish.
    Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes. May be baked in custard cups without a crust. Sprinkle with ground nutmeg before cooking if desired.

False
  • RE: REC: Egg Custard Pie
    bump
    False
  • RE: REC: Egg Custard Pie
    False

Find more about Weather in New Bedford, MA

• Re: REC: Egg Custard Pie

Tree - is this a 9" pie?  I need to make one of these for my dear aunt, who's in a nursing home.  (I need to call them first & make sure she isn't under any diet restrictions) - we just found her - we lost touch with her over the years after my Grandmother passed away.  The family sort of fell apart.  My uncle & I (she's my great aunt) went to visit her in the nursing home this week.  It's been many many years since we've seen her.  She sobbed, she was so happy to see us.  Kept saying "HOW did you find me???" - anyways - she mentioned that she looked for this pie at Walmart & they didn't have it.  Said it was her favorite.  I thought if I could make one for her, I'd take it up for her to have.  This will be a new recipe to me. 

True

Online Community / Field Editor Manager

Feel free to reach out to me anytime!

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sue.stetzel@RD.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile