REC: Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake- Great for Easter! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

REC: Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake- Great for Easter!

Last post May 26, 2008 9:09 AM by JMartinelli13 . 17 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 12
  • REC: Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake- Great for Easter!
    Easy, pretty and so good! I've posted this before, but I'm making a whole bunch of them for orders pretty soon and thought someone else might like to give it a try!

:)
    Jolene
    False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

• RE: REC: Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake- Great for Easter!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake V

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    6 to 8 maraschino cherries, drained
    1/2 stick butter
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup flaked coconut
    1 can pineapple slices -- (8 ounce)
    1 can crushed pineapple with juice -- (8 ounce)
    1 package yellow cake mix

1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter and coat the bottoms of 2 - 9 inch round pans. Drain and reserve the juice from both cans of pineapple.

2 Sprinkle the bottom of each pan with 1/4 cup of brown sugar. Sprinkle coconut in one pan. Lay pineapple rings in a single layer on top of coconut. Place a cherry in the center of each ring. In the other pan, spread the drained crushed pineapple.

3 Mix the cake as directed on package, but substitute reserved pineapple juice in place of water. Divide batter between the 2 pans. Remember which pan has the pineapple rings in it.

4 Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool in pans for 30 minutes.

5 Turn the layer with the crushed pineapple out onto the serving dish, then gently turn the other layer on top.

Description:
    "Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Donna"

False

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

Thank you Jolene -- I'm looking for some good & different things to take to DD's.

I haven't had time to even e-mail you, GS has been here since Thursday and will be here all week (spring break). I didn't forget you :)

Hugs,

♥LindaChicken
    False

Photobucket

Jolene, I never thought about doing a double decker! This is great. My DH's favorite cake.
    I have a question...What do you use for frosting on your pinneaple upsidedown cakes? I usually top mine with whipped cream and wondered if you had some other ideas.
    Thanks. Tippytoes
    False
    LC, don't worry about the email :) I figured you were busy.

Tipptoes, I use whipped heavy cream, but this cake is so good it usually just ends up as a garnish :)

Jolene
    False

Thank you Jolene,this would be wonderful for Easter.[and any other time:))
    Rosie
    False

You're so welcome Rosie! This is one of my DH's favorite desserts :)

Jolene
    False

False
    Thank you Jolene for sharing, it sound like it will be perfect to take to a friend's home for Easter dinner. I have never heard of a double cake like this, what a treat. Thanks again, Maureen
    False
    You're welcome, Maureen! My DH says a single layer goes too fast, so this one lasts maybe a LITTLE longer :)

Jolene
    False

I missed this the previous time around, Jolene. Thank-you for reposting.
    Don
    False
    No problem, Don! My Dh has little use or patience for frilly desserts that take up less than 1/4 of the plate and are garnished with flowers. :) He calls this a "real" dessert, opposed to a lot of the other cakes and stuff I make for orders.

Jolene
    False

Thanks for such a great recipe Jolene. Bob will love this as pineapple upside down cake is his favorite!
    Thanks again girl friend-
    Nancy
    False
    Thanks...I must have missed it the first time around. I am collecting recipes for desserts I have to make for church Sunday.

Fratz
    False
  • Re: RE: REC: Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake- Great for Easter!

I just took the cake out of the oven and it smells soooooo good.  I only baked it for 25 minutes because it has a nice golden top and springs back when I touch it in the center.  I can hardly wait to assemble it and eat it.  Stick out tongue

Thanks for the post.

False