Any ideas for leftover pork roast...any recipes? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Any ideas for leftover pork roast...any recipes?

Last post Aug 13, 2007 6:25 AM by Alliea . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • Any ideas for leftover pork roast...any recipes?
    I have 1/2 of a pork roast in my fridge and I don;t know what to do with it. Someone did give me a good recipe with a sweet and sour sauce. Any help will be apreciated. Happy New Years!!!!!! Country
    False
  • RE: Any ideas for leftover pork roast...any recipes?
    don't know about sweet and sour, but how about shredding it and adding BBQ sauce and heating then serving on buns with some great cole slaw...
    I make my own cole slaw and add pineapple chunks and poppy seeds to the mixture....so good....
    False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

I'd shred it and add bbq sauce for sandwiches!!!

False
    That sounds good! Never thought of BBQ sauce. Country
    False
    you can also do a wonderful stir fry just marinate the pork in a soy sauce garlice terryaki and mix with your favortie fresh veggies and add either the rice or cooked noodles
    thanks ewak
    False
    Dorothy's Homemade Sauce
    (for pork or beef leftovers)

1 large onion -- chopped
    1/2 lemon -- juiced
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    2 tablespoons honey (opt.)
    1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
    1 cup catsup or chili sauce
    3/4 cup water -- maybe a less water
    1 teaspoon salt, celery salt, and yellow prepared mustard
    1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
    1/4 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon cumin

Saute onions in a little butter til semi-soft. Add rest of ingredients in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. (May double recipe if you have a larger quanity of meat.)

Place shredded pork in crockpot, pour sauce over meat (Cook on low 2 hours), or in heavy pan cook slowly on range top.
    False
    This is our favorite sweet & sour pork.

Sweet and Sour Pork

Base: In a large skillet melt 3 Tblsp.
    add 1 minced onion. Cook until onion is soft and golden. Add left over pork, and 1/4 cup flour. Cook until flour is absorbed. Add 1 cup of water and 1 tsp. chicken bouillon. Cook until thickened.

Sauce:1 20 oz.can pineapple chunks
    The above pork mixture
    2 tblsp.white vinegar
    1 Tb. soy sauce
    1/3 cup packed brown sugar
    1/4 cup ketchup
    1 med. green pepper, cut in strips
    Drain juice from pineapple into large saucepan. Stir in the pork mixture, vinegar, say sauce, brown sugar and ketchup. Stir occasionally over med.heat about 10 min. Stir in drained pineapple chunks and green pepper strips. Simmer aout 2 minutes until heated through. Serve over hot cooked rice.
    False
    Add to packaged fajita mix or chicken taco mix with peppers and onions for fajitas or tacos.
    False
    Chop and saute with cooked rice, a scrambled egg, green onions, and soy sauce for pork fried rice.
    False
    bump for Jan2
    False

Got it, thanks. Jan
    False
    bump
    False
    I make cuban type sandwiches out of left over slices of pork roast. No real recipe just roast slices, thin ham slice, swiss cheese slice and few slices of dill pickle. Thinly coat inside of bread slices with brown mustard and grill like grilled cheese. butter outside of bread slices a bit before hitting the pan. Weigh down sandwiches with a heavy skillet while cooking. (think pannini)I use ciabatta bread or even hamburger buns work well. Huge favorite in this house.
    Tina
    False
    I like to toss it into a Stir Fry (with Broccolli, onion, Asian sauce ingredients like Sesame Oil, Hoisin, Soy Sauce, Garlic, Ginger, etc etc)

Serve over rice or noodles.

donnac
    False
    My mother used to make Pork Pie--just like you make chicken Pie. She used to simmer the pork (this was when we had pork roasts with a bone), shred the pork, thicken the broth, put a pie crust on it and voila--even better tasting than chicken pie. Add vegetbles (of course onions) if you like.
    False