Need to refrigerate P-apple Upside-Down Cake & Fudge Pie? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Need to refrigerate P-apple Upside-Down Cake & Fudge Pie?

Last post Mar 26, 2005 4:12 PM by suzycreamcheese_MI . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Need to refrigerate P-apple Upside-Down Cake & Fudge Pie?
    Happy Easter, everyone! If I'm not serving the Pineapple Upside-Down Cake and the Fudge Pie until tomorrow afternoon, do you think they should be refrigerated, either or both?

I'll post the recipes just so you know which ones....thank you!

~~susie.
    False

• RE: Need to refrigerate P-apple Upside-Down Cake & Fudge Pie?
    Posted by: JMartinelli13 Posted on: 3/21/2005 9:43:34 AM
    #R5420358
    Here you go :)

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    6 canned pineapple slices
    6 maraschino cherries
    1 cup chopped walnuts -- divided
    1 (18-1/4-ounce) package white cake mix

Place pineapple slices in a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Place a cherry in the center of each slice. Sprinkle half of the walnuts around the pineapple. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; spoon batter over pineapple layer. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake at 350' for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.

Source:
    "Taste of Home's Quick Cooking (November/December 2001)"
    S(Formatted by):
    "Moonchild2488"
    Copyright:
    "2001 Reiman Publications, LLC"

False

Gaudrey's...

Old Fashioned Fudge Pie

2 eggs, beaten
    1 1/4 cups sugar
    1/4 cup plain flour
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    1 stick of butter, melted
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    Pinch of salt
    1 unbaked pie shell

Preheat oven to 350°. Combine all ingredients and pour into the unbaked pie shell. Bake until set, about 30 minutes. If not set in that length of time, bake 5 minutes longer and remove from oven. Cool before cutting.
    False

Hi Susie.

I wouldn't refrigerate the cake but I would the pie. JMHO. :)

What time are you serving them tomorrow they sound yummy.

Marlene
    False
    the sticker and gooier the better.
    Is gooier even a word???? LOL

Marlene
    False
    Stickier and gooier (?) is good! I was just afraid it would get HARD....so I'll refrigerate them both -- if I can find the room, that is!

Thanks Marlene and Star! And Star, your two cents is ALWAYS worth so much more than two cents to me -- so I'll take it ANY time! *grin*

My 19 guests are getting all new (to me) dessert recipes tomorrow! Oh, and Marlene? Dinner is served at 2-ish!

~~susie.

False

susie, if you get in a bind on finding room in your fridge, do what I do sometimes. I put a couple of the big cooler ices in our big cooler, sit the stuff inside, put on the lid and it keeps great..
    Here at the house I don't have a problem because I have 2 refrigerator/freezers and 1 freezer. However, at the beach, all I have is the one refrigerator so I use this method a lot.

doris
    False
    Doris,

I have two refrigerator freezers also and also a deep freeze..but somehow I've already got them all full! I think when I found out that I had NINETEEN people coming I got carried away! **VBG**

Once the two hams come out, I'll be in better shape, and I GUESS I could drink some of the beers to make some room???? LOL

Happy Easter to you, my friend {{{hugs}}}

~~susie.
    False

Susie, pies with eggs do need to be refrigerated. Maybe you can set it on top of something else?
    False
    I definitely will, Gaudrey, thank you! I was afraid of mostly the Pineapple upside down cake getting hard, but I'll get them all refrigerated, thank you!

Happy Easter to you!

~~susie.
    False