* * * * PCH Kitchen.....Happy Easter to All! ! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

* * * * PCH Kitchen.....Happy Easter to All! !

Last post Mar 27, 2005 11:10 PM by LisaFaye . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • * * * * PCH Kitchen.....Happy Easter to All! !
    To all that stop in, old friends or new, sure hope the Easter Bunny hopped by your house this morning.....and that you have a wonderful day full of things that bring you joy.

Don't forget have a jelly bean or a chocolate egg or cup of something warm.....and say hello.

Have a great day everyone!
    False
  • RE: * * * * PCH Kitchen.....Happy Easter to All! !
    Now back to that chocolate egg that I found with my name on it....... :D
    False
    Numping for Penny
    False
    Hi.. Hoppy Easter all..
    Thanks Lisa..how did you manage to get your name (one of your names) back? Did you get my email?

Here is my 'secret' to Pot Roast ..
    after many experiments..

Penny's Crockpot Pot Roast

Buy a piece of beef brisket which fits crockpot and place inside (I always spray my crockpot with Pam first for the sake of the dishwasher fairy)

Pour in one whole white jug of Johnny's French Dip au Jus
    (if you can't get this, use someone else's recipe)
    and about one tablespoon of very coarsely ground or crushed black peppercorns.

Fill with water to cover meat completely - we love the gravy from this so I like to make a whole crockpot full!

Cook on low for 10-12 hours or overnight.

Remove meat, thicken the gravy .. I like to use Veloutine (if you can find it) or Beef Bisto (also if you can find it). You could use cornstarch mixed into some water I guess.. or a mixture of equal parts butter and flour well blended together.

Turn up the heat to high, cook and stir occasionally, taste for seasonings and adjust to your taste.

Slice meat and put back into gravy, turn back to low and simmer until ready to serve.

That's going to be our Easter dinner when I can swallow (have sore throat) and we love it poured over big puffy yorkshire puddings and some frozen peas on the side!

Penny
    False
    Happy Easter to All in PCH Kitchen!

Was looking for kitchen earlier but ran out of time before I found it. Now it was on first page. Much easier:)

Hope all have a joyous day. Thanks so much for all the Easter Greetings!
    Love ya All.
    Hugs, Deery
    False

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

Unfolding of the lilies,
    The singing of the birds
    Tell of the Joys of Easter
    Better than we in words.
    ---Isabele Carter Young

Butterflies and birds and bees, altar-hills and singing trees,
    Faith is born of things like these on Easter morning.
    ---Louise Abney
    False

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

Happy Easter to all of the PCH Kitchen and guests.

With help from DD we celebrated Easter yesterday with lovely dinner.

Today DH and I had a repeat of yesterdays goodies after getting up at noon. He in his "Easter outfit" blue terry cloth robe with hair looking like Alfalfa *smile* and at least I did get dressed and combed hair.* hee hee *. Someone needs clothes on to answer door if someone comes!
    However bed is unmade and looks very good so think a nap is in order.

Do hope that all is having a pain free day and will be hearing from family or celebrating with.

Wishing God's blessings to all,
    Nancy
    False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Happy Easter Everyone!

The frozen wasteland has sunshine today!!!! I am so ready for it too - - I get grumpy when there is snow the end of March! lol

Thanks for all the Easter wishes ... you made my day!

Hugs,
    Charli
    False
    Happy Easter everyone!

We have sunshine today also. It sure is nice for a change.

Hope evryone has a blessed day.

d.
    False
    Hi to all and Happy Easter to all. I just got home and I am so tired,but really hate to go lay down now ,this late if I sleep now I will be awake most of the night. it has been rainning here all day so 6 more Sunday of rain (oh goodie)my Fibro is acting up real bad today both legs are hurting so will be glad when it warms up againand acts like spring. hope all had a real good day. if I don't get back tonight will see ya'll in the morning.
    Ruth
    False
    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal Love leaves precious Memories no one can steal God Bless our Troops and emergency workers.
    ~~~~~~~waving to Connie
    who is having 'puter problems. She can read but she can't post.
    Nancy, she wanted me to thank you for the sweet card. (And I thank you for mine as well.)
    As we all know, there is no telling when the computer will decide to behave so she doesn't know when she'll be back on.....On a really happy note, Kerry her DH's homecoming date is getting closer and closer, maybe just a week more! YAY! Then their big move to La.
    Hey, Connie, you WILL stop on your way down to help dig that hole and haul them rocks for my rock garden water fall, right? I forgot to ask you on the phone...:D

HI Deery, I hope you had a nice day. Was it sunshiney out your way?

Penny, glad your trip was nice, sorry 'bout the sore throat. Yes, I did get your email :) I know you had fun shopping for that DGC. Check out Ebay, they have great prices for baby things. I love Ebay.

Charli and Dee, I am so jealous that you had sunshine. It was so rainy, overcast and COLD all day.
    But we had a nice day anyway, going to church and then out to a little Thai restaurant for lunch.
    There was a new little waitress today, not in the states long, that thought I reminded her of her God-Mother back in Thailand.
    She talked to us the whole time. She asked my name, then asked everyone elses. She couldn't pronounce DD's "Stacey" so said "Is allight I call ju Stefny, I can say Stefny, I no can say what is ju leal nam." *G* (in heavy Thai accented English) So cute and sweet!
    It really made for a pleasant lunch. Then we came home and had a nice long nap because it was just the perfect napping kind of day.
    I just love good naps....:D

False
    So glad it sounds like some of you had a nice relaxing day. I had a bit of a recliner snooze myself. lol

Have a good night of sleep Everyone.
    False

Good night all, sleep well.
    False