What can I do with frozen hamburger patties... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What can I do with frozen hamburger patties...

Last post Apr 11, 2005 2:47 PM by csharris_LA . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • What can I do with frozen hamburger patties...
    I purchased a bag of the pre-made frozen hamburger patties thinking they would be quick and easy for nights that DH works late. They are very bland, but I don't want to toss them out.

What can I do with them?

TIA
    Judy
    False
  • RE: What can I do with frozen hamburger patties...
    DH's mom would throw them in a crockpot with spagetti sauce, serve on a hamburger bun & call them sauce burgers! He loves them!

You could break them up & brown them for tacos.
    False
    I have thawed the amount I need and use for whatever. Use in spagetti sauce, make meatballs (add other ingredients)or you could mix in other ingredients and make hamburgers that would taste better, or meatloaf. I like those sometimes but by the time I get to the end of the package, I come up with other uses for the burgers.
    Salbo
    False
    when frying add seasonings so a better tasting burger.
    False
    How about hamburger steaks with a beef mushroom gravy?
    J
    False
    My DH's Grandma used to take frozen patties and put them in the electric skillet. Salt and pepper them. She would then slice a couple of onions over the top. Put the lid on the skillet and let them cook for about an hour. They made wonderful sandwiches. Carol
    False

Carol

I always use them to make Salisbury Steak.. and I cook them from frozen. In crockpot put the patties, top with some fried onions and quite a lot of beef gravy (homemade or canned) and some coarse ground black pepper.
    Simmer on low for 8-10 hours. Very tender and tasty with lots of good gravy for mashed potatoes.
    (you could also add some garlic but we don't).
    Penny
    False
    I'd put 2 patties together with stuffing in the middle of them since they are probably pretty thin anyways! Would make for a better (bigger)burger!

Filling one:
    sharp cheddar cheese, grated:
    finely chopped up onions,
    bacon, mushrooms, etc., coat with bbq sauce

Filling two:
    blue cheese, a little cream cheese and
    finely chopped walnuts

Filling three:
    monterey jack or pepperjack cheese, finely chopped jalapeno peppers or green chilies

filling 4:
    pepperoni, mushroom, onion, green pepper, top with pizza sauce and mozzarella

Hope this gave you some ideas at least! :)
    False
    I put them in a foil lined pan. Season well with salt, pepper, garlic powder. Slice an onion on top. Add one cup of hot water and a couple of beef bouillon cubes. Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes. Take foil off top and let them brown. Yummy! Serve with mashed potatoes.
    False
    I used to take the pre made hamburger patties that had a soy mixture in them and put them in my skillet, add a can of tomato soup, a bit of chopped onion, just a bit of water and cook until done and have mashed potatoes with them. It was about the only way the boys would eat those patties and they loved them that way. Connie
    False