ISO: School recipe for Toasty Dogs | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: School recipe for Toasty Dogs

Last post Apr 12, 2005 2:37 PM by JenniD . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • ISO: School recipe for Toasty Dogs
    My son in law and I were talking about school lunches and the Toasty Dogs came up. They were hot dogs with cheese wrapped in a slice of bread. We don't know how they kept the bread wrapped around the hot dog. Then it was baked and the bread got kinda crunchy.
    Any help?

Gail
    False
  • RE: ISO: School recipe for Toasty Dogs
    Toothpicks!!! It is so funny that you mentioned this I made them last week for my niece and she loved them. She would eat them everyday if I allowed it. When I was in school they were called Weiner Winks. Isn't that funny. Oh what memories.
    False
    So
    is it just a hot dog wrapped with a slice of cheese and then wrapped in a slice of bread? No butter, no other condiment? How long do I bake them and at what temp?

Gail
    False
    False
    Weiner Winks
    Take and cook your hotdogs in a pan of water until there done.
    Take a slice of bread and butter on both sides lay a piece of cheese on one side of butter bread. Lay cooked hot dog on top of cheese turn sides of bread up and secure with toothpick. Line side by side in baking pan. Bake at 350 until bread is toasty. Enjoy. Can be made also with wrapping a piece of bacon around hotdog before placing on cheese. Can also be made with out cheese just follow all steps mentioned.
    False
    Thanks loads!
    I'll be trying them soon.

Gail
    False
    The pillsbury crescent rolls have a recipe similar to this printed on the can. They are really good, I've made them several times
    False