ISO: T&T recipe using chunks of angel food cake, strawberries & cool whip | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: T&T recipe using chunks of angel food cake, strawberries & cool whip

Last post Mar 29, 2010 12:07 PM by CONNIESU . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • ISO: T&T recipe using chunks of angel food cake, strawberries & cool whip
    We have a lady at church who used to bring this dessert & these are the only ingredients I could figure out. She now has Alz. & probably can't remember ever making it. I did a search & came up with a couple using sour cream. It didn't taste like that was in it, but if you have a T&T that calls for it that's fine.

Would like to make this for a meeting at church Tues. All recipes & ideas are more than welcome. THANKS!!!
    Joann
    False
  • RE: ISO: T&T recipe using chunks of angel food cake, strawberries & cool whip
    Here you are. This is one of my favorites. Arlene

Posted by: KyAna44 Posted on: 12/10/2002 8:50:45 PM
    #R885403

Punch Bowl Cake

2 cups crushed pineapple -- drained
    1 small sugar-free, fat-free, instant vanilla pudding
    2 cups strawberries
    3 large bananas -- sliced
    12 ounces Cool Whip Free
    1 small Angel food cake -- cut up

Layer in a glass bowl, 1/2 cake, 1/2 bananas, 1/2 strawberries, 1/2 pineapple, 1/2 pudding mix, and 1/2 Cool Whip. Repeat layers. Refrigerate several hours before serving
    False
    Strawberry Cloud Dessert

For a fancier presentation, you could certainly layer this in a large clear trifle bowl. If doing so, start with a layer of cake, then creamy filling, then strawberry filling, then repeat, ending with strawberry filling.

1 medium-sized (10 ounces or so) angel food cake
    1 cup powdered sugar
    1 (8-ounce) package low-fat cream cheese (or use regular)
    1/4 teaspoon almond extract
    1 (8-ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping, thawed (such as Cool Whip)

Strawberry Filling
    6 cups fresh strawberries
    1/2 cup sugar
    3 tablespoons cornstarch
    1 cup water
    Red food coloring (optional)

Break or cut angel food cake into bite-sized pieces, placing cake pieces evenly in an ungreased 13- by 9-inch pan (use one with a lid if you have it). Using an electric mixer, cream powdered sugar, cream cheese and almond extract together until smooth. Add thawed whipped topping and blend well. Spoon the white mixture evenly on top of the cake layer.

Make Strawberry Filling: Wash and remove caps from strawberries. Chop 1 cup of the berries. Mix sugar and cornstarch in a 2-quart saucepan. Stir in water and mix until smooth. Add the chopped berries and a couple of drops of food coloring (optional). Cook and stir over medium heat until it comes to a boil, begins to thicken and becomes clear; boil for 1 minute, then remove pan from heat. While mixture cools, slice remaining berries in half or quarters. When mixture is cool, fold in sliced berries, stirring gently to coat them well.

Spoon the Strawberry Filling evenly into the pan, covering the white cream layer. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve; should be refrigerated at least 4 hours for best results. Can be made the day before, and some people believe it is better made at least 24 hours in advance.

Serves 8-10.
    False
    Subject: Rec. and Rev. Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
    Posted by: Margielou_WA Replies: 2 Posted on: 5/15/2005 9:40:21 PM
    #T516762
    I served this to my bunco group today. It says the recipe serves 24. It did not take long for the 12 of us to polish this off. Enough Said! This stuff is heavenly.

RE: CookieCarol
    Posted by: CookieCarol_IL Posted on: 1/17/2005 9:37:30 PM
    #R5056030
    Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle

2 pkgs (8 oz) cream cheese
    2 cups powdered sugar
    1 cup sour cream
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1/4 tsp almond extract
    1/2 pint whipping cream
    1 TBS sugar
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 angel food cake, torn into bite sized pieces
    2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
    3 TBS sugar
    In large bowl, cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar; add sour cream, vanilla, and almond extract. Set aside. In small deep bowl, whip the cream, vanilla, and sugar. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Add cake pieces and fold lightly, set aside. Combine strawberries and sugar. Layer in large glass bowl (this is a very pretty dessert) starting with strawberries, then cake pieces. Continue layering until finished, 3 or 4 layers is good (depends on you bowl). Finish with strawberries on top and garnish with additional whipped cream if you want. Cover and chill well. Makes 24 servings
    I have used low fat cream cheese and sour cream with good results. I have also made this with fresh peaches instead of the strawberries. I use Cool Whip instead of the whipping cream too.
    This is good with peaches too.
    For a 4th of July reunion I made it with strawberries and blueberries and the red, white, and blue was very pretty (and tasty). Enjoy!!
    A bought angel food cake is denser and doesn't stay as soft in this recipe. I always bake my own cake (using a mix).

False
    Thanks for the fast replies. Someone always has the recipe you are looking for. Now to decide which one to make first!!!!!!!!!!!
    False
    Creamy Raspberry-Filled Angel Cake – BC 4 Ingredient Dinners

1 pkg. (4 serving size) sugar free raspberry flavored gelatin
    1 pint (2 C.) raspberries
    8 oz. fat free whipped topping, thawed
    1 round (10 inch in diameter) angel food cake

Pour 1 cup of boiling water over gelatin in large bowl; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in 1/2 cup of cold water. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until thickened but not set. Fold 1 pint raspberries and half of the whipped topping into gelatin mixture. Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until thickened but not set. Split cake horizontally to make 3 layers. (To split, mark side of cake with toothpicks and cut with long, thin serrated knife.) Fill layers with gelatin mixture. Spoon or pipe remaining whipped topping onto top of cake. 12 servings. Can also substitute strawberries for the raspberries.
    False
    Spring Flower Cake

Prep Time: 10 min
    Total Time: 10 min
    Makes: 8 servings
    1 cup BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut
    2 drops food coloring, any color
    1 pkg. (10 oz.) store-bought prepared round angel food cake
    1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
    3 cups halved strawberries

TOSS coconut with food coloring until evenly tinted; set aside.
    PLACE cake on large serving plate. Frost top and side with whipped topping; sprinkle with coconut. Cut cake into 8 slices, leaving all slices in place. Carefully pull out cake slices and separate slightly to resemble the petals of an open flower.
    SPOON 3 cups halved strawberries into center of "flower." Store leftover cake in refrigerator.

Great Substitute
    A homemade angel food cake can be used instead of the store-bought cake. Prepare dessert as directed, doubling the amount of coconut and whipped topping, if necessary.

This is very good
    False
    Bumping for all the wonderful recipes! Thanks everyone! It's too late tonight, but I have a recipe for Lemon and Strawberry Trifle that I'll try to post tomorrow...Sue
    False
    This is one I like. It tastes almost like strawberry shortcake.

Strawberry Angel Delight

3 ounces strawberry gelatin mix
    1 cup boiling water
    1 small angel food cake
    1 pint vanilla ice cream
    10 ounce pkg. frozen sliced strawberries, thawed

1. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
    2. Stir in ice cream until melted.
    3. Add strawberries and cake broken into small pieces.
    4. Turn into 8" square glass dish. Chill until set.
    5. Slice in squares.
    6. Top with whipped cream.

8 servings

It would be very easy to double.
    False
    Sorry I got back to all of you so late with this. Here's the recipe I promised last night.

Lemon and Strawberry Trifle

1 angel food cake, baked and cubed into 1 inch pieces
    3 cans sweetened, condensed milk
    3/4 c. fresh lemon juice (about 3-4 lemons)
    3 T. finely grated lemon zest
    yellow food coloring (optional)
    3 8 oz. cartons Cool Whip
    8 c. strawberries, cleaned and sliced
    sugar to taste

Wash and core the strawberries; gently pat dry. Slice berries into a large bowl; add enough sugar to sweeten lightly and set aside to mascerate (let the juice come out). Wash lemons and use a fine grater to remove only the yellow zest from the peel. Juice lemons through a fine sieve, discarding pulp and seeds. Into a blender or food processor, measure out 3 T. of zest and 3/4 c, lemon juice; process together for about 15 seconds. Spoon the 3 cans of condensed milk into a a mixing bowl; add the juice mixture and blend with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined. If food coloring is being used, add it now, a few drops at a time, stirring until desired color is achieved. Cover with plastic wrap and and chill for 2 hours. When filling has set, use a serrated knife to horizontally slice the angel food cake into 3 even layers; cube each layer into 1 inch pieces. In a large, clear glass trifle bowl, layer 1/3 of the of the cake cubes, 1/3 of the strawberries, 1/3 of the lemon filling, and 1 carton of Cool Whip. Repeat layers in that order until all ingredients are used. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours to allow trifle to set and flavors to meld. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.

Note: Depending on the size of your trifle bowl, you may need to add the final carton of Cool Whip just before serving as it may not fit neatly inside the bowl.

Sue
    False
    These are truly wonderful recipes. You people are awesome when it comes to answering requests. Now the fun begins and I actually have the ingredients on hand for most of the recipes.

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!
    Joann
    False
    bumping for later
    False
    bump to copy later
    False
    Truffles
    bump
    False
  • Re: ISO: T&T recipe using chunks of angel food cake, strawberries & cool whip

Bump for Poster

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009