Bundt pan bread | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Bundt pan bread

Last post May 17, 2005 4:37 PM by hummerberb_Or . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Bundt pan bread
    Many years ago, about 20, I got a recipe for a Chedar cheese bread that was put in a bundt pan. It was a very soft bread with a tunnel of cheddar cheese, butter, tyne, and the bundt pan was greased up good and poppy seeds were sprinkled on it before the bread was put in it. It was so rich and smelled so good. Well, several moves later, I is gone. I got it from a young lady at our county Fair in Southern Indiana. I think she got it from the Indiana Dairy Association. I would love to have it again, even though it is full of calories.

Thanks for all replies,

Ellen
    False
  • RE: Bundt pan bread
    This recipe has marjoram, but maybe you could substitute tyme.

Cheddar Poppy Seed Loaf

6 Tblsp butter
    1 1/2 tsp dehydrated minced onion
    1 tsp dried marjoram
    1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
    2 Tlbsp poppy seeds
    2 cups flour
    2 Tblsp sugar
    1 package active dry yeast
    1/2 tsp salt
    2/3 cup milk
    2/3 cup water
    1/3 cup butter
    1 egg
    1 1/4 cups flour - up to 1 1/2 cups

Combine butter and seasonings, mix well. Stir in cheese and set aside. Generously grease a 10" fluted tube or angel food pan; sprinkle with poppy seeds. Set aside. In mixer bowl, combine flour, sugar, yeast, and salt. Heat milk, water and butter to 120 degrees. Add to ingredients in mixer bowl. Add egg. Using flat beater, blend at low speed until moistened. Increase speed to medium, beat 3 minutes. Add 1 1/4 cups flour. Using flat beater or dough hook, blend at low speed until well mixed, about 4 minutes. Add additional flour as necessary to make a very soft dough. Spread half of dough into prepared pan, pushing to cover bottom of pan. Spread cheese mixture over dough and then add rest of dough, pushing to cover cheese mixture completely. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan immediately.

False
    Ellen, Glad you asked. Bread is going to be my next to try. I never have had any luck with it. Well it's time to learn. Thanks ~Janie~

Thanks Connmom for the recipe.
    False
    THANK YOU SO MUCH. This is it. Can you see the smile on my face? :).

I can't wait to make it again!!!

Ellen
    False
    You are welcome---glad this is the one you are looking for!
    False
    Interesting recipe. Thank you.

Lori
    False
    Lori Life's too short - have the whipped cream!
    False
    This recipe sounds fantastic. Thanks ConnMom for sharing.
    ~~Leisa~~
    False