Mexican Restaurant Style White Queso Dip | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Mexican Restaurant Style White Queso Dip

Last post Jun 17, 2012 9:19 AM by Alliea . 15 replies.

Rate This

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • Mexican Restaurant Style White Queso Dip
    A big thank you to the poster of this recipe. It is excellent! I have used RoTel (tomatoes with green chili peppers) and plain green chili peppers and both ways are excellent. I found the microwave melts the mixture better too, no scorching.

Mexican Restaurant Style White Queso Dip

White Queso Dip

1 pound Land o Lakes White American Cheese

2 cans small diced green chili undrained

1/2 cup- 1 cup heavy cream, depending on thickness of dip you like

Simmer all on the stove in a saucepan until smooth.
    False
  • RE: Mexican Restaurant Style White Queso Dip
    I also made this. I think it was posted by Maddymoo. It is very good.
    False
    Try your regular grocery store in the deli department.
    False
    that's where ours is star.
    False
    I did post it. Thank you so much for the review. I am thrilled that you liked it. I concocted it with a waitress at a Mexican restraunt. I love it! Its in my favorite files.

I buy the cheese at Wamart in the deli.
    False
    A side ote, I have started using the Land o lakes jalepeno white american also.

I get it where they cut the specialty meats at Walmart.
    False
    Star,

I think ours is called a deli- not sure. Its back where they sell potato salads,fried chicken etc.

I tell you I have been searching high and low for this type of recipe. I finally asked a waitress in a local mexican restraunt. They usually wont tell anything other than the cheese. So far I have tried 10 different recipes. I now only use this. I threw out all others. I even love rotel dip but this is way better.

The waitress told me the few basic ingredients and I went from there. The results were amazing. I have to say I was tickled with myself. lol
    False
    Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing it with us :o)

Linda
    False
    I hope the cheese companies start to make white cheese! They don't need the food color; it causes migraines in our youngest daughter and I'm constantly in search of white cheeses.

Thanks for the yummy recipe and the cheese tip.

CA girl
    False
    At the our Walmart Deli the cheese comes in a big block. You can get it sliced or cut in one piece. Sam's Club has it in the big block, I imagine Cosco does too. Any white Amercian cheese will do it doesn't have to be Land of Lakes. It's addictive!
    False
    This was so good! Thanks for the recipe! I just bought the store brand white american cheese in the cold cuts section at Super Wal-Mart. It was great! Tates just like the kind we've gotten at restaurants!
    False
    Star, that's exactly what I used. I used 1/2 lb of cheese and 1/2 c whipping cream. I made a litte at a time. But my family really liked it and then my son, the garbage disposal LOL came home, and I had to make more. My family doesn't like the chilies, so I left them out.
    Patty
    False
  • Re: Mexican Restaurant Style White Queso Dip

PERFECT!  Found other recipes on the internet with many ingredients, none of which I remember seeing in my local restaurants cheese dip.  So I went for this one.  Not only is it incredibly easy to make, it was spot on!  I don't think I could get any closer!  Thank you SO MUCH!  Now if you just had a recipe for the salsa....  Cool

False

Golden Corral Queso Cheese Sauce

Source: Golden Corral recipe card

Yield: 2 third-size pans (buffet style serving pans)

Shelf Life: 6 hours, 24 hours prepped, uncooked (under refrigeration)

Food Safety - Store leftover Queso Cheese Sauce overnight in walk -in cooler, and serve the next day.
    Reheat to an internal temperature of 165°F.

Ingredients

1 can (#10 size - 6 lbs 10 oz - 106 oz - 3.4kg) cheddar cheese sauce
    2 cans (28 oz.) Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilis, undrained

Procedures
    1. Combine one can of cheese sauce and two cans of undrained
    Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilis.

2. Mix cheese sauce, Rotel Diced Tomoatoes, and Green Chilis until
    thoroughly combined.

3. To heat in steamer, heat Queso sauce in covered s.s. pan for 30
    minutes. To heat in convection oven, heat cheese in covered s.s.
    pan at 325°F for 30 -40 minutes. The internal temperature must be
    165°F.

4. Stir with spoon for 10 seconds until smooth and serve.

False

Old cooking measurements: drop, pinch, dash, dessert-spoonful, salt-spoonful, size of a walnut, size of an egg, teacupful, coffee-cupful, wine-glassful, tumblerful, Handful.

i couldn't get my cheese to melt good at all.. and the cream didn't really blend with it, turned out with thick rubbery cheese and cream on the top lol not happy! any ideas?

False