ISO Help - Dessert that includes Strawberry Jello, Angel Food Cake & Cool Whip | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO Help - Dessert that includes Strawberry Jello, Angel Food Cake & Cool Whip

Last post Jun 02, 2005 2:04 PM by oeg1kallee . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • ISO Help - Dessert that includes Strawberry Jello, Angel Food Cake & Cool Whip
    Debbeelou is requesting this recipe over on the Dessert thread.
    Sue

Posted by: Debbeelou Replies: 0 Posted on: 6/1/2005 7:07:51 PM
    #T524234
    Help!!
    Does anyone have a recipe for a strawberry jello dessert with broken pieces of angel food cake in it?

I had a piece of it at a function and I gave the person my address for the recipe and she has never sent it to me.

I know it was made in a 9x13 dish and looked and tasted like it had strawberry jello mixed with whipped topping and pieces of strawberry and pieces of angel food cake. I wanted to serve it at a wedding shower on june 4th.

Thank you so much!
    False
  • RE: ISO Help - Dessert that includes Strawberry Jello, Angel Food Cake & Cool Whip
    Here's one that I use. It tastes like strawberry shortcake.

Strawberry Angel Delight

3 ounces strawberry gelatin mix
    1 cup boiling water
    1 small angel food cake
    1 pint vanilla ice cream
    10 ounce pkg. frozen sliced strawberries, thawed

1. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
    2. Stir in ice cream until melted.
    3. Add strawberries and cake broken into small pieces.
    4. Turn into 8" square glass dish. Chill until set.
    5. Slice in squares.
    6. Top with whipped cream.

8 servings

False
  • RE: ISO Help - Dessert that includes Strawberry Jello, Angel Food Cake & Cool Whip

I use this one.....It's great! Trish

RE: CookieCarol
    Posted by: CookieCarol_IL Posted on: 1/17/2005 9:37:30 PM
    #R5056030

Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle

2 pkgs (8 oz) cream cheese
    2 cups powdered sugar
    1 cup sour cream
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1/4 tsp almond extract
    1/2 pint whipping cream
    1 TBS sugar
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 angel food cake, torn into bite sized pieces
    2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
    3 TBS sugar

In large bowl, cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar; add sour cream, vanilla, and almond extract. Set aside. In small deep bowl, whip the cream, vanilla, and sugar. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Add cake pieces and fold lightly, set aside. Combine strawberries and sugar. Layer in large glass bowl (this is a very pretty dessert) starting with strawberries, then cake pieces. Continue layering until finished, 3 or 4 layers is good (depends on you bowl). Finish with strawberries on top and garnish with additional whipped cream if you want. Cover and chill well. Makes 24 servings
    I have used low fat cream cheese and sour cream with good results. I have also made this with fresh peaches instead of the strawberries. I use Cool Whip instead of the whipping cream too.
    This is good with peaches too.
    For a 4th of July reunion I made it with strawberries and blueberries and the red, white, and blue was very pretty (and tasty). Enjoy!!
    A bought angel food cake is denser and doesn't stay as soft in this recipe. I always bake my own cake (using a mix).

False
    Thank you both. I am going to copy both of those - they each look delicious.
    Sue
    False
    I have a 1954 Jello cook book - i willlook in there when i get home
    False
    That is a good idea to look in an old Jell-O cookbook. I have one too but don't know what year it is from. I will look there too.

Also bumping for more help.

Sue
    False
    Here is the one I made for Memorial Day with pudding

Patriotic Trifle

1-1/2 cups cold fat free milk
    1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Reduced Calorie Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
    1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
    1 pkg. (13 oz.) angel food cake, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
    1 pt. strawberries, sliced (about 2 cups)
    1 cup blueberries

POUR milk into medium bowl. Add pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 1 minute. Gently stir in 3 cups of the whipped topping.

PLACE 1/2 of the cake cubes in large serving bowl; top with 1/2 of the fruit. Spread pudding mixture over fruit; cover with remaining cake cubes and fruit. Garnish with remaining whipped topping.

REFRIGERATE at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.

Special Extra: Garnish with whole strawberries, additional blueberries and fresh mint sprigs.
    False