Does pecan pie need refrigeration? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Does pecan pie need refrigeration?

Last post Jun 05, 2005 9:47 PM by chefly . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Does pecan pie need refrigeration?
    I see pecan pies sitting out in the grocery store all the time. I thought they were a refrigerator pie with all the eggs.

What's the scoop?
    False
  • RE: Does pecan pie need refrigeration?
    I never refrigerate mine. The eggs have been cooked so there is no need to refrigerate.

Debbie
    False
    It doesn't have to be refrigerated, as Debbie said.I do mine, as I prefer it icy cold.
    When eating out in VA though, when ordering it, the server always asks if you want it warmed.Especially with ice cream put on top.
    False
    The only pecan pie I refrigerate has cheesecake in it :O)
    False

Cool

I am with you Star, if it as protein in the pie it is in the fridge. The only pie I like room temp. are fruit pies, but after supper they go in the fridge too.
    False
    Used to work in a bakery and they never refrigerated them, because refrigeration makes the crust soggy.

Basically, though, the filling is a custard--with all those eggs in it. Only difference is there's no milk. I ALWAYS refrigerate mine to be on the safe side, and won't buy ones that have been sitting out in the open.
    False
    I like to eat cold pie and cake, so everything I bake goes right in the fridge.
    False
    All the sugar in the filling keeps pathogens from growing. Just eat it within a few days.
    Chefly
    False