Adding Bananas To Cake Mix? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Adding Bananas To Cake Mix?

Last post Oct 24, 2013 10:46 AM by mamaknowsbest . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • Adding Bananas To Cake Mix?
    Its DHs birthday and he loves banana cake. I've got a box of Pillsbury yellow cake mix and was wondering if I can add bananas to it? Thanks ;)
    False
  • RE: Adding Bananas To Cake Mix?
    Please....help!
    False
    I found this..I'm sure you could use yellow cake mix & maybe vanilla pudding!

Chocolate Pudding Banana Cake

1 box chocolate fudge cake mix or any
    chocolate cake recipe
    1/4 box of chocolate pudding
    2 to 3 tsp. ripened bananas, smashed
    or crushed before adding to mixture

Empty box of chocolate cake into mixing bowl and follow directions on package for mixing. Add 1/4 package of pudding mix plus 3 small or 2 large crushed bananas to mixture. Beat according to directions, 2 to 3 minutes with electric beater or approximately 2 minutes - 300 strokes by hand. Can also be made with a scratch made chocolate cake, adding all ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees about 30 to 35 minutes. Check when cooked with dry top. Frost if you want.

False

Bananas Foster Cake
    Serves: 15

Prep: 15 min Bake: 40 min Cool: 30 min

1/4 cup butter or margarine
    1 tablespoon dark rum or
    1/2 teaspoon rum extract
    1 cup packed brown sugar
    2 medium ripe bananas, sliced (2 cups)
    1 cup chopped pecans
    1 package Betty Crocker SuperMoist yellow cake mix
    3/4 cup water
    1/2 cup dark rum or 1 tablespoon rum extract plus enough water to measure 1/2 cup
    1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    3 eggs

Bananas Foster Cake is from the Cook'n with Cake Mixes collection. Click here to get this CD or download the recipes right now!

1 Heat oven to 350°. Heat 1/4 cup butter and 1 tablespoon rum in rectangular pan, 13 x 9 x 2 inches, in oven, until butter is melted. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter. Arrange bananas
    evenly over brown sugar; sprinkle evenly with pecans.
    2 Beat cake mix, water, 1/2 cup rum, 1/3 cup butter, the cinnamon and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour batter over pecan
    mixture.
    3 Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Turn pan upside down onto beatproof serving plate; leave
    pan over cake 1 minute so topping can drizzle over cake. Cool 30 minutes. Serve warm or cool. Store covered in refrigerator.

High Altitude (3500 to 6500 feet): Heat oven to 375°. Decrease melted butter to 2 tablespoons. Add 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour to dry cake mix. Bake 38 to 43 minutes.

1 Serving: Calories 345 (Calories from Fat 145); Fat 16g (Saturated 6g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 280mg; Carbohydrate 48g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 3g. % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 8%; Iron 6%
    Betty's Tip Serve this ooey-gooey cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a generous dollop of whipped cream.

From "Betty Crocker's Ultimate Cake Mix Cookbook."
    False

Cool

Butter Gooey Cake with Variations

1 box yellow cake mix
    1 egg
    1/2 cup butter melted ( 1 stick )

TOPPING:

1 (8 oz) cream cheese softened
    2 eggs
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 (16 oz) box powdered sugar
    1/2 cup butter melted ( 1 stick )

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9x13 pan. In a bowl blend the cake mix, egg and butter. Mix well. Pat into the bottom of the 9x13 pan. Using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth; add the eggs and vanilla. Pour in the powdered sugar and beat well. Slowly add the butter and mix well. Pour topping over the dough, and spread evenly. Bake 40-50 minutes.

DO NOT OVERBAKE THIS CAKE !!!!! You WANT the center to be gooey.

Cool completely and cut into SMALL squares... These are very rich.

Banana Gooey: Use a yellow cake mix. Prepare cream cheese filling as directed, beating in 2 ripe bananas and an extra egg. Proceed as directed above.

Note from HollyGA:I always store this in the frig before serving and leftovers go there, as well. ;O)

False

Cool

Thank you mypie2 your recipe.... sounds yummie but I don't have any pudding. I live along way from town so I'm limited on what I have.
    False
    Gayle's Butter Pecan Cake

1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
    2 medium bananas, mashed
    1 cup sour cream
    4 large eggs
    1 package coconut pecan frosting mix (dry mix)*See Cooks Note
    5 tablespoons butter, melted
    1 cup quick-cooking oats
    Preheat oven to 350*F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan.
    In a bowl combine yellow cake mix, mashed bananas, sour cream, and eggs. Pour into the pan.
    In another bowl, combine coconut pecan frosting mix (dry), melted butter, and quick cooking oats.
    Spoon over the batter and bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
    Makes 16 servings.

* Cooks Note: Unfortunately, this product is no longer available, so we have included the following recipe for substitution:

Coconut Pecan Frosting Mix Substitute

1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
    3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup chopped pecans
    3 tablespoons butter or margarine

In medium bowl, combine coconut, brown sugar, flour, and pecans; mix well.
    Using fork or pastry blender cut in butter or margarine.
    Source: Pillsbury Bake-Off Cookbook; March, 1995.
    False

Cool

You could substitute yellow cake mix for the white cake mix in this recipe below:

MOIST BANANA CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE
    FROSTING

3 small ripe bananas or 2 large ripe bananas
    4 large tablespoons sour cream
    1 white cake mix
    3 egg whites
    2 tablespoons oil
    1 1/3 c. milk
    1 tsp vanilla flavoring

Frosting:

1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
    1 stick butter
    1/3 c. nuts of your choice (i use walnuts)
    1 box of powdered sugar (4 cups)
    1 tsp vanilla flavoring

Blend bananas with mixer, adding your sour cream. When mixture is well blended, not lumpy, add your cake mix, egg whites, oil, milk, flavoring together and mix. Add milk last so you will be able to judge the consistency of the cake and adjust as needed.
    Once well blended, pour mixture into a greased/sprayed, 9x13 cake pan or 3 cake layers.

Bake at 350F for about 25 min. or until the cake is done.

Cake will spring back in the center when touched if done, don't over bake! Remove cake from oven and allow to cool.

Tip: Place wax paper over cakes to capture the moisture while cooling; this adds to a really moist, delicious cake!

Mix cream cheese and butter together in a bowl. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix until you get the consistency you like.

Add a little milk to the frosting while mixing if you like it to be creamy. When icing is done, add 1/3 chopped walnuts to the icing. Crush them right out of the package with the end of a blunt object to make smaller pieces.

Stir walnuts into frosting well. After cakes have cooled, frost each layer with icing.

This is a really good, moist cake! I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!

Submitted by: Stephanie Staton

False

Cool

Butterfinger Banana Cake

Ingredients:

18 1/4 ounces package yellow cake mix
    2 medium, ripe bananas, mashed
    3 NESTLE® BUTTERFINGER® Candy Bar, chopped, divided
    16 ounces container prepared white frosting

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions; stir in banana and 3/4 cup chopped Butterfinger. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Frost cake; sprinkle with remaining chopped Butterfinger.
    False

Cool

Wow...how wonderful everyone helping with your recipes. I have to go get my DS at a friends house but I'll look over all of them later. Thank you all so much! (((hugs)))
    °ºĄррłёº°
    False
    Holly ~ whoops....I didn't realize you posted all those recipes....lol
    thank you for your help :)
    Now which one?....they all sound great!
    False
    Banana Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
    1 tsp. baking soda
    3 eggs
    1 c. milk or sour cream
    3 medium bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)

Mix all together with wooden spoon. Bake at 325° in greased 9x13 pan for 40 minutes.
    Cool completely before frosting.

FROSTING:
    5 TBS. flour
    1/2 c. sugar
    1 c. milk
    1/2 c. butter, softened
    1/2 c. shortening (crisco)
    1/2 c. sugar
    2 tsp. vanilla

Combine flour and first 1/2 cup sugar in saucepan. Whisk in milk slowly.
    Cook until thickened and let cool completely.
    Cream butter and shortening. Add second 1/2 cup sugar slowly, beating well.
    Add vanilla and cooled flour mixture and beat well, until sugar is all dissolved (may take several minutes).
    Frost cooled cake.
    Note: For chocolate frosting, add 2 or 3 tsp. cocoa.
    False
    well I made the cake adding bananas and sour cream. I didn't see September Morns recipe yet....I think that adding the baking soda would of made my cake fluffier. It didn't rise very much....lol
    False
    I am making this cake for one of the men in the office's birthday. He loves this cake and begs me to make it for him. It is very easy, too!
    Tria

Posted by: TriainAtlanta Posted on: 6/1/2004 4:05:48 PM
    #R3760551
    Banana Pudding Cake

1 or 2 small ripe bananas, peeled
    1 package yellow cake mix (large, regular size)
    1 package instant pudding (4 serving size) - banana cream, vanilla, or coconut, depending on what you like
    4 eggs
    1 cup water
    1/4 cup oil
    1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Slice bananas in mixer bowl, beat until mashed. Add remaining ingredients, blend, then beat at medium speed of electric mixer for 2 minutes.
    Pour into well greased and floured tube pan - or other size you want -. If you do use a tube, make sure that it is the larger size - angel food style type.
    Bake at 350 (preheated) for 60 to 70 min. (adjust time for different size pans, of course, using your cake mix box for suggestions)
    Let cool in pan/s 15 minutes. Remove from pan, finish cooling and then ice as desired.
    You can just sprinkle it w/ powdered sugar, also.
    This is quite tasty and people like it who aren't that fond of bananas.

I like to put a vanilla glaze on it but the options are many for your personal favorites!
    Tria

False
    Tria

No eggs?

False