How do you clean red stains from white tupperware? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How do you clean red stains from white tupperware?

Last post Jun 14, 2005 12:18 PM by _FOOTSIE . 16 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12
  • How do you clean red stains from white tupperware?
    If anyone knows how I can clean red spaghetti sauce stains from white tupperware I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
    False
  • RE: How do you clean red stains from white tupperware?
    I use Cascade Plastic Booster 2-in-1
    plastic cleaning additive. Works great on stained plastic! Gets all the red out!(For the dishwasher)
    False
    My friend, Dottie, said to rub the area with a cut orange or lemon or vinegar and a little baking soda and put it out in the sun which will bleach the red color out.

Also, Dottie said that once you use hot water to clean out your tupperware it will set the stain in and will be next to impossible to remove. Dottie said to use cold and soapy water.

My local tupperware distributor said not to put greasy/oily foods in that kind of tupperware as there is a new version called Rock 'N Serve® and when you store hot food, use heat-resistant Tupperware®. It's highly resistant to stains of all kinds, and goes directly from freezer to microwave to refrigerator. It's also resistant to odors and a snap to clean. Rectangular and round containers of all sizes are available.

False

Cool

I set mine out in the sun to fade stains too... doesn't always get it all, but helps. E
    False
    I use the cascade plastic booster it's recommended by tupperware to remove red stains and odors it work good. Good luck on those stains don't you just hate em'
    False
    maybe some vinegar and hot water and let it soak.
    Before putting the sauce in their next time. Spray with PAM and it shouldn't stain.
    False
    This might sound strange, but the first thing you have to do is rinse the bowl with COLD water. Then take a paper towel & clean it out. Then you can wash it in your soapy water. Most all of the red color will come out.
    False
    I found that you shouldn't put sauce in your plastic containers while it's still hot. Less staining when you let it get cold first, then transfer to plastic.
    False
    Try soaking in with dish soap & a touch of bleach.
    False
    I recently went to a garage sale where the lady was selling tons of tupperware for dirt cheap.
    Some were stained and I did what Cittie does-dish soap and bleach then ran them through the dishwasher...they turned out great.
    False
     Photobucket
    Fill the container with bleach and water. It will be clean in minutes.
    False
    If you just scrub with a little bakign soda when you're washing the dishes, it comes right out. I put tomato sauce in all kinds of plasticware and never have a problem with stains, because I always keep baking soda by the sink.

Baking soda is cheap, it's non-toxic, it doesn't scratch, it's anti-bacterial, you have it on hand--and best of all, it works better than most other cleaners I've used (both commercial cleaners and home-made remedies). Even takes grape juice stains out of formica countertops.
    False
    To prevent staining Tupperware, or most plastics, spray containers with a Pam type product before putting the food in. And yes, the second tip, always rince and wipe with cold water and a bit of detergent first, then do in regular washing method.
    False
    Thank you all. Sorry it took me so long to respond back but it's been a busy day. I've got many options to choose from so hopefully one if not all will do the trick.

I wouldn't have worried so much about the conatiners but they don't belong to me and even though my friend gave them to me with red sauce in it, I'd hate to return them stained.

Thank you again.
    False
    I think that Clorox II works better than regular Clorox. Just let is soak...and then wash it...

Dee
    False