How long Does Sour Cream Stay Fresh? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How long Does Sour Cream Stay Fresh?

Last post Jul 02, 2005 5:27 PM by buttergirl . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • How long Does Sour Cream Stay Fresh?
    I have a container of sour cream,unopened with an exp. date of apr. 30
    It looks ok and smells fine but would it be ok to use?
    False
  • RE: How long Does Sour Cream Stay Fresh?
    dh does. I don't care for it, only use in cooking and I would use as long as it looks and smells fine
    False
    I agree with previous poster. As long as it looks & smells ok, use it for cooking purposes only.
    False
    Me three!
    False

definitely, If it smells good, go for it. It will probably spoil very fast now that's it's opened. You might just want to toss what you don't use in the next couple of days.

CA_girl
    False
    I just used a container this week that was dated April 3rd. (It had never been opened.) I used it for spinach dip & it was fine.
    I do however keep my sour cream & cottage cheese upside down in the frig. It seems to keep longer that way.
    dawnj
    False
    This made me smile....we had a friend, now deceased...and he hated yogurt. He used to ask "How can you tell when yogurt is bad?" He thought it always was bad.
    False
    I have always used yogart and sour cream after the experation date, and have never had a problem. Just make sure you taste it first. My mom and dad have a friend that eats yogart that is five or six months expired and he says it is fine and that he has never gotten sick.
    False
    Whoops, I forgot to say that this man is VERY picky, and a immaculate housekeeper, if that means anything. :O)
    False